1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
This Thread
  • Everywhere
  • This Thread
  • This Forum
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Discussions
  3. Level Design

[FC5 Arcade] Rogue - Chaos Break

  • Jax0
  • July 28, 2018 at 5:53 AM
  • Jax0
    • July 28, 2018 at 5:53 AM
    • #1

    This week I released my first ever public map! (woo!) It's called "Rogue - Chaos Break" and was made in the editor for Far Cry 5 Arcade.

    Here is a video of the gameplay: https://youtu.be/g2j6ieZsTbA

    An editor like this makes it easy to start creating your level using terrain first and then using trial-and-error with the provided 3d meshes to get your layout working, but I wanted to push for a more traditional pipeline.

    I started with a greybox pass and then iterated on that, when the layout was good I began bringing in 3d Meshes. Because I can't create my own, there was definitely further iteration required to find meshes that fit but overall the layout didn't have to change that much, and I think for a first released map I've done ok!

    In ~ 4 days it's had 1,000+ plays, 600+ reviews, 30+ people favourited it and is currently sitting at a 4.6 star rating. I'm very happy with the result. On to the next thing!https://far-cry-arcade.ubi.com/en-au/pc/map/5…7e1396c3c1f909f


    Now, some images of development :)

    Spoiler

    [Blocked Image: https://i.imgur.com/rrKWXHC.jpg]


    [Blocked Image: https://i.imgur.com/0RXF8hO.jpg]


    [Blocked Image: https://i.imgur.com/1ppYVCI.jpg]


    [Blocked Image: https://i.imgur.com/4aJZrdt.jpg]


    [Blocked Image: https://i.imgur.com/T6WUFtZ.jpg]


    [Blocked Image: https://i.imgur.com/AGNOnwE.jpg]


    [Blocked Image: https://i.imgur.com/KuuTmhK.jpg]

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

Register Yourself Login
Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™