1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
This Thread
  • Everywhere
  • This Thread
  • This Forum
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Discussions
  3. Level Design

[CS:GO] Improposition

  • c0rp3n
  • January 16, 2018 at 5:35 PM
  • c0rp3n
    • January 16, 2018 at 5:35 PM
    • #1

    So here is just a quick showcase for the map I have been working on, still trying to adjust and work on the layout. The sites are still going through renovations and need plenty of work though they seem playable (with bots yes I know)

    Overview:

    Spoiler

    CT Spawn:

    Spoiler [Blocked Image: https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/919165637697834035/09B76284EAEBCB3499458EED40D0246918CD2B7E/?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-format=jpeg&output-quality=95&fit=inside%7C2048:1152&composite-to=*,*%7C2048:1152&background-color=black]

    Mid:

    Spoiler [Blocked Image: https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/919165637697835359/2CA06DBD43FB70C7CFC5A9A382DD92C9E4FC8241/?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-format=jpeg&output-quality=95&fit=inside%7C2048:1152&composite-to=*,*%7C2048:1152&background-color=black]

    [Blocked Image: https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/919165637697833916/679747A527C4EFA5B58851562CEB36BC6B7B4B7D/?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-format=jpeg&output-quality=95&fit=inside%7C2048:1152&composite-to=*,*%7C2048:1152&background-color=black]

    [Blocked Image: https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/919165637697833512/ABA43CF6047C949D2D9F1B8B173D65AE98631BFD/?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-format=jpeg&output-quality=95&fit=inside%7C2048:1152&composite-to=*,*%7C2048:1152&background-color=black]

    A Site:

    Spoiler [Blocked Image: https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/919165637697834226/8A8E7A90B2596DE4DE4EAE20E45B87B6D9E122F1/?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-format=jpeg&output-quality=95&fit=inside%7C2048:1152&composite-to=*,*%7C2048:1152&background-color=black]

    [Blocked Image: https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/919165637697834352/EFCD125B8CB2238E088BD91DA0F13FD3C8BE6103/?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-format=jpeg&output-quality=95&fit=inside%7C2048:1152&composite-to=*,*%7C2048:1152&background-color=black]

    [Blocked Image: https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/919165637697835641/8694643617C8AEA7EC7F709FDF1BC7CAEB3FEAE0/?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-format=jpeg&output-quality=95&fit=inside%7C2048:1152&composite-to=*,*%7C2048:1152&background-color=black]

    [Blocked Image: https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/919165637697833787/0E7BC2654F1D049382B83802AB0AD1C95E69EF1F/?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-format=jpeg&output-quality=95&fit=inside%7C2048:1152&composite-to=*,*%7C2048:1152&background-color=black]

    B Site:

    Spoiler [Blocked Image: https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/919165637697833186/45803ED9437F2BEFBF0EEF717613828A2B153519/?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-format=jpeg&output-quality=95&fit=inside%7C2048:1152&composite-to=*,*%7C2048:1152&background-color=black]

    [Blocked Image: https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/919165637697833343/1511B62A41F66A4841E5D26F4C1FD0C6255A29A5/?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-format=jpeg&output-quality=95&fit=inside%7C2048:1152&composite-to=*,*%7C2048:1152&background-color=black]

    [Blocked Image: https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/919165637697835036/5A232B61A8D2CC81736EC437734081D07B82A55E/?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-format=jpeg&output-quality=95&fit=inside%7C2048:1152&composite-to=*,*%7C2048:1152&background-color=black]

    [Blocked Image: https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/919165637697835508/8893DEA9FB1C6749AE665A1FE5FB1D3650B9FD65/?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-format=jpeg&output-quality=95&fit=inside%7C2048:1152&composite-to=*,*%7C2048:1152&background-color=black]

    T Spawn:

    Spoiler [Blocked Image: https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/919165637697834722/A613F381DCE097C3F8E2F4DC387E395FB7C008DF/?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-format=jpeg&output-quality=95&fit=inside%7C2048:1152&composite-to=*,*%7C2048:1152&background-color=black]

    [Blocked Image: https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/919165637697834842/2998A90767FD639DCFA08F66831E4F529E907AAE/?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-format=jpeg&output-quality=95&fit=inside%7C2048:1152&composite-to=*,*%7C2048:1152&background-color=black]

    Texture / Material Testing:

    Spoiler [Blocked Image: https://cdna.artstation.com/p/assets/images/images/008/920/226/large/oliver-hitchcock-bricks-2.jpg?1516110120]

    [Blocked Image: https://cdnb.artstation.com/p/assets/images/images/008/920/229/large/oliver-hitchcock-bricks-worn.jpg?1516110128]

    [Blocked Image: https://cdnb.artstation.com/p/assets/images/images/008/920/227/large/oliver-hitchcock-bricks-damaged.jpg?1516110124]

    [Blocked Image: https://cdnb.artstation.com/p/assets/images/images/008/920/271/large/oliver-hitchcock-dirt-ground.jpg?1516110350]

  • Swaggernaut
    • January 21, 2018 at 2:36 AM
    • #2

    Following! really interested to see this

  • c0rp3n
    • February 14, 2018 at 6:16 PM
    • #3

    So I have reworked a few areas to allow for a higher level of play.

    Changes:

    • Lowered some walls to allow grenades to be more easily aimed and thrown.
    • Widened some paths so areas are less cramped.
    • Adjusted timings for balance. CT's still arrive around 3 seconds faster but can get punished for pushing too far.
    • Made the bomb sites clearer.
    • Adjusted some cover to make movement and visibility better.
    • No more Orange Dev textures.

    I should be doing some playtests soon to validate the layout and improve things further.

    Spoiler [Blocked Image: https://i.imgur.com/nuFo2hb.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: https://i.imgur.com/m5UeIcl.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: https://i.imgur.com/JpqHYuH.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: https://i.imgur.com/phFicmk.jpg]

  • Gauss
    • February 25, 2018 at 12:23 AM
    • #4

    A lot of the map looks very open and will probably lead to mostly long-range fights. While that can work, it's usually supplemented with some close-quarter areas, and the only parts I can see that happening are near your CT spawn.

    I would work on defining your pathways to the sites a bit more to "constrict" where the players are allowed to be. It almost feels like the map is a giant battlefield but with some walls sectioning it into separate parts.

  • NikiOo
    • February 25, 2018 at 8:38 AM
    • #5

    I love these textures! They give you +10 mapping skill when you use them.

    Other than that it's seems like there's a lot of really long angles on the map.

  • c0rp3n
    • April 13, 2018 at 11:21 PM
    • #6

    Yes sorry I've been travelling but I have been trying to address this at least and have overhauled lots of areas to provide more natural or synthetic cover.

    I do need to work into some of the pathways more and improve some of the flow mostly around the mid area but I have made some improvements.

    I will be posting another larger update soon. Thanks for the comments.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

Register Yourself Login
Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™