1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
This Thread
  • Everywhere
  • This Thread
  • This Forum
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Discussions
  3. Level Design

[CS:GO] Bug - Lightmapped4way problem

  • THE_Sito
  • November 30, 2017 at 2:09 AM
  • THE_Sito
    • November 30, 2017 at 2:09 AM
    • #1

    Hello! New here, but definitely not to mapping. I've been mapping for over a decade at this point. I recently returned to Source engine after a long time in UE and it's been well...challenging. One of the issues I'm facing is with Lightmapped4way materials for displacements. There's this strange error where, if a displacement is viewed at a certain angle, the fourth texture (ALWAYS the fourth) gets very dark, and turns either brown or a muddy blue. There also looks to be some other texture mapped onto it, I sometimes see striations. I've checked the .vmt and couldn't find anything off about it.[Blocked Image: https://i.imgur.com/ubMUIXP.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: https://i.imgur.com/4Vq1law.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: https://i.imgur.com/EDPtfRS.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: https://i.imgur.com/VhSzyKe.jpg]

    As you can see, the problem is pretty glaring.

    Here is my vmt:

    Quote

    Quote

    Lightmapped_4WayBlend { "$basetexture" "militia_classic/rockblend01" "$surfaceprop" "rock" "$texture1_lumstart" "0.0" "$texture1_lumend" "0.5"

    "$basetexture2" "militia_classic/sand01" "$surfaceprop2" "sand" "$texture2_lumstart" "0.0" "$texture2_lumend" "0.5" "$texture2_blendmode" "0" "$texture2_blendstart" "0.8" "$texture2_blendend" "0.9" "$texture2_uvscale" "[1.0 1.0]"

    "$basetexture3" "militia_classic/sand02" "$surfaceprop3" "sand" "$texture3_blendmode" "0" "$texture3_uvscale" "[2.0 2.0]" "$texture3_lumstart" "0.0" "$texture3_lumend" "0.05" "$texture3_blendstart" "0.8" "$texture3_blendend" "1.0"

    "$basetexture4" "militia_classic/sand03" "$surfaceprop4" "sand" "$texture4_blendmode" "0" "$texture4_uvscale" "[2.0 2.0]" "$texture4_lumstart" "0.0" "$texture4_lumend" "0.2" "$texture4_blendstart" "0.9" "$texture4_blendend" "1.0"

    "$lumblendfactor2" "0.5" "$lumblendfactor3" "0.7" "$lumblendfactor4" "0.4" }

    Display More

    Any help is greatly appreciated. I'll definitely stick around and help whoever I can with their issues. Cheers!

  • borgking
    • December 3, 2017 at 11:16 PM
    • #2

    Had a similar bug. I fixed it with looking at other 4wb materials, and using all parameters they used. My observation was that propably the missing detail texture might lead to the problem, but it could be another value that I didn't recognize that I changed.

    Quote

    Quote "$detail" "detail\dt_stone1" "$detailscale" "[8 8 8]" "$detailblendfactor" ".5" "$detailblendfactor2" ".3" "$detailblendfactor3" "0" "$detailblendfactor4" "0"

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

Register Yourself Login
Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™