1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
This Thread
  • Everywhere
  • This Thread
  • This Forum
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Discussions
  3. Level Design

Legal problems remake maps of old games.

  • resident91
  • October 19, 2017 at 3:53 PM
  • resident91
    • October 19, 2017 at 3:53 PM
    • #1

    Hello, everybody.

    I open this post to ask those of you who already have more experience in this world than I do.

    I have the idea to remake a map of a video game from 2003. For making a map that already exists in another video game, can I have some kind of legal problem when publishing it in the CSGO workshop?

    As this is an unofficial map for CSGO I don't know if I may or may not have problems.

    Thank you for your help, sorry for my English.

  • RaVaGe
    • October 19, 2017 at 4:33 PM
    • #2

    No you won't.

  • resident91
    • October 22, 2017 at 7:39 PM
    • #3

    Won't I do it? Or I won't have any problems. English is not my language. Sorry

  • 2d-chris
    • October 22, 2017 at 8:24 PM
    • #4

    If it's non profit, I doubt it. Many, many people do it, never heard of it being a legal issue.

  • resident91
    • October 22, 2017 at 8:30 PM
    • #5
    Quote from 2d-chris

    4 minutes ago, 2d-chris said: If it's non profit, I doubt it. Many, many people do it, never heard of it being a legal issue.

    Quote from RaVaGe

    On 19/10/2017 at 5:33 PM, RaVaGe said: No you won't.

    Okay, thank you both.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

Register Yourself Login
Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™