1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
This Thread
  • Everywhere
  • This Thread
  • This Forum
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Discussions
  3. Level Design

[WIP] de_prophecy

  • braindeer
  • September 19, 2017 at 5:06 AM
  • braindeer
    • September 19, 2017 at 5:06 AM
    • #1

    This map is a re-imagining of the classic de_prodigy. The action is set aboard a decaying nuclear oil tanker being broken for salvage.

    The layout is semi faithful to the original and features a new central "lane". B site has some verticality with the terrorists able to one way drop onto the site for a heavy damage penalty. The cover is still undecided and open to change. I am going to submit this map for playtesting, ironically I cant play myself because my current PC is a featherweight netbook but I was previously an avid player. For this reason the map was only rendered in fast mode, I aint got all day to wait mofucker.

    I think the map will really benefit from a strong 3d skybox for the surrounding shipbreaking scenery.

    Theres a lot more to do before the map can really be considered "finished" but I excited to finalize it. If anyone out there feels they could contribute to detailing the map hmu Im always down to collaborate.

  • Harry Poster
    • September 19, 2017 at 5:20 AM
    • #2

    Contest Rules

    3.Remakes (maps of the same name and design of an existing map released for public download), sequels (e.g. de_dust3), and spiritual successors (new name for an old layout) can NOT be entered.


    ?

  • braindeer
    • September 19, 2017 at 5:47 AM
    • #3
    Quote from Harry Poster

    27 minutes ago, Harry Poster said: Contest Rules

    3.Remakes (maps of the same name and design of an existing map released for public download), sequels (e.g. de_dust3), and spiritual successors (new name for an old layout) can NOT be entered.


    ?

    Haha...fuck.

    I'm gonna just continue for the hell of it.

  • braindeer
    • September 29, 2017 at 5:35 AM
    • #4

    I think with the change in layout and theme, although the map takes cues and inspiration from de_prodigy it does not fall into the categories listed above. I've uploaded some screenshots of the progress. Enjoy :)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

Register Yourself Login
Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™