1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
This Thread
  • Everywhere
  • This Thread
  • This Forum
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Discussions
  3. Level Design

[RELEASED] Manor

  • poLemin
  • June 5, 2017 at 10:40 PM
  • poLemin
    • June 5, 2017 at 10:40 PM
    • #1

    Hey guys!

    I'm very early in the development of my map, but I wanted to share something with you as I want to get into the habit of exposing my work more.

    de_manor is a bomb defuse level set wine-growing area in France. The level's architecture is inspired by Renaissance Chateaus and manors like the Biltmore Estate. With the design I am trying to create interesting indoor areas that do not feel as clumped as many others.

    After the Cobblestone debacle, Lord William decided to buy this manor to relax and have some fine wine. The terrorists however intend to destroy his peace ... and his new manor.

    Workshop Link: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/fi…/?id=1217276839

    Here are some first vacuous screenshots:

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/BYoitPz.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/OxKNaJ0.jpg]

  • poLemin
    • June 10, 2017 at 6:15 PM
    • #2

    Ran into a dead end with awful sightlines and horrible spacing so I started from scratch. I'd rather scrap my work now than desperately trying to make it work in some way. Still able to show some shots of new spaces. I am aiming to have a playable version of this iteration by the end of next week

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/S4J9HRS.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/ADoTFAu.jpg]

  • poLemin
    • June 18, 2017 at 2:22 AM
    • #3

    I finally got a playable version of the level finished and uploaded to the workshop! Feel free to check it out and leave some feedback.

    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/fi…s/?id=949351174

    More screenies:

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/B3TAqnt.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/NzEX3Xn.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/t8UMUBZ.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/xJHr4c8.jpg]

  • poLemin
    • June 21, 2017 at 10:29 PM
    • #4

    Alright boys and girls! I got a spot in tomorrow's playtest. I'd appreciate if you stopped by and left some feedback!

    I also prettified B site just a little since it didn't receive a lot of love in the first iteration.

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/2o5y2jZ.jpg]

  • blackdog
    • June 22, 2017 at 5:50 PM
    • #5

    I think this looks interesting. I miss some good de_chateau, so much I have been thinking of doing a similar map since CSGO came out.

    Bit weird the downward arcs, never seen anything like that but need to see how it fits when more detailing is in.

    You testing on mapcore servers? I've been totally out the testing since I moved here, my connection is terrible (shared+wifi) but recently was decent enough, I had a couple sessions on DoI, I was thinking of trying CS again.

  • poLemin
    • June 22, 2017 at 6:55 PM
    • #6
    Quote from blackdog

    1 hour ago, blackdog said: I think this looks interesting. I miss some good de_chateau, so much I have been thinking of doing a similar map since CSGO came out.

    Bit weird the downward arcs, never seen anything like that but need to see how it fits when more detailing is in.

    You testing on mapcore servers? I've been totally out the testing since I moved here, my connection is terrible (shared+wifi) but recently was decent enough, I had a couple sessions on DoI, I was thinking of trying CS again.

    Thanks for the comments!

    The downward arcs are only placeholders since I lack proper tall arches for now. I used them to have a longer straight pillar before the actual arc. I will create custom models for that.

    Yes, we are testing on the MapCore server starting at 9pm CEST (1h from now)

  • blackdog
    • July 12, 2017 at 3:10 PM
    • #7

    Hey, subscribed the map and had a quick flythrough.

    Looks interesting and solid in terms of elevation and routes. I would say that most of the doorways are too tight though, especially the first ones players traverse after spawning.

    A-site is definitely too cramped. Also getting there a couple corridors seem to turn around too much, I would want to see couple more decals signposting the way.

    Not sure what you planning for B-site but seems a bit too open, there are no props or brushes suggesting where players take cover to defend it.

  • poLemin
    • July 12, 2017 at 6:22 PM
    • #8
    Quote from blackdog

    3 hours ago, blackdog said: Hey, subscribed the map and had a quick flythrough.

    Looks interesting and solid in terms of elevation and routes. I would say that most of the doorways are too tight though, especially the first ones players traverse after spawning.

    A-site is definitely too cramped. Also getting there a couple corridors seem to turn around too much, I would want to see couple more decals signposting the way.

    Not sure what you planning for B-site but seems a bit too open, there are no props or brushes suggesting where players take cover to defend it.

    Thanks for taking the time to look at the map!

    I am still tweaking the routes a little, since they are, as you said, sometimes a little too zigzagging.

    The bomb site designs are pretty much intended that way. I wanted to give players two distinctly different choices instead of two very similar ones in order to cover a broader spectrum of playstyles. I might have pushed it a little to far, but I am still tweaking.

  • blackdog
    • July 12, 2017 at 9:32 PM
    • #9

    Yeah I totally get the opposite approach/opportunity, not just because the general setting but makes me think of de_chateau that had a site with lots of cover and the other where you would be very exposed for planting; but like you say is a bit pushed, too much especially A-site. I guess B with a crate or two would be fine, while A doesn't seem to give the feeling you can eventually play it by posting outside it.

    Of course I might be proven wrong by a play test

  • poLemin
    • July 25, 2017 at 10:34 PM
    • #10

    After some further tweaks to the layout I started creating my first few models. Here's some progress, obviously not textured yet.

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/qYAHu5n.jpg]

  • poLemin
    • July 30, 2017 at 5:11 PM
    • #11

    Update time!

    I updated the workshop with the newest verion of de_manor: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/fi…s/?id=949351174

    I also applied for a MapCore Playtest on August 3rd. Would be happy to have you folks join me! Feel free to check out the level and drop some feedback, I'd very much appreciate it!

    Here's the current overview:

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/8YeBWb2.jpg]

  • poLemin
    • September 4, 2017 at 5:56 PM
    • #12

    Hey! Thanks for the quick run!

    I am aware of the angel figure's collision issues but didn't bother for rough playtests yet. Will be fixed for sure!

    Thanks for the headpeek find. Gonna fix that too.

    I don't really know what's wrong with the radar. Some people raised concerns while it looks fine for me. Might have fucked up with the compression at some point. Will investigate, thanks!

  • poLemin
    • September 18, 2017 at 7:02 PM
    • #13

    Just a few weeks to go and I am still procrastinating mapping and texturing my models properly. On the other hand, I was busy forging my very own first textures in Substance Designer

    [Blocked Image: https://i.imgur.com/YRRLz1W.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: https://i.imgur.com/smIONiH.jpg]

    Still a long way to go. I might not meet the deadline, but I will not opt out and will try to submit a somewhat acceptable map!

  • poLemin
    • December 1, 2017 at 5:02 AM
    • #14

    Release time everbody!

    What a ride it has been! I will write a small follow-up text in the coming days, but now it's time to rest a little.

    I created a new workshop file and removed the old one. Feel free to check it out and leave some feedback!http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/fi…/?id=1217276839

    I'd like to thank MapCore and FACEIT for hosting this contest, and wish all contestants good luck! I hope as many people as possible are able to satisfy their own expectations! Lastly, I will leave you with a few screenshots:

    [Blocked Image: https://i.imgur.com/5ZE3xDp.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: https://i.imgur.com/W8c8W2N.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: https://i.imgur.com/tyi5JjQ.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: https://i.imgur.com/PWkDD7P.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: https://i.imgur.com/z9jypD3.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: https://i.imgur.com/EG9geS1.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: https://i.imgur.com/NUqsCB3.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: https://i.imgur.com/yckRu4S.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: https://i.imgur.com/XNmH9UI.png]

  • Oliver
    • December 1, 2017 at 5:03 AM
    • #15

    This map is looking sick, good job!

  • Serialmapper
    • December 1, 2017 at 9:07 AM
    • #16

    Easy to learn layout, takes you quick into action, good fps, good visibility. I like it.

  • Vaya
    • December 1, 2017 at 9:48 AM
    • #17

    congrats on the release, can't wait to have a look in game!

  • Roald
    • December 1, 2017 at 11:51 AM
    • #18

    Looking awesome, great job!

  • poLemin
    • December 1, 2017 at 12:37 PM
    • #19

    Thanks for the kind words guys!

  • blackdog
    • December 1, 2017 at 4:30 PM
    • #20

    Haven't checked this in a while! I need to, is looking great, well done :)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

Register Yourself Login
Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™