1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
This Thread
  • Everywhere
  • This Thread
  • This Forum
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Discussions
  3. Level Design

[WIP] de_Québec

  • noobgames
  • May 23, 2017 at 11:56 PM
  • noobgames
    • May 23, 2017 at 11:56 PM
    • #1

    First time mapper looking to gain some experience. Don't really know what theme or layout will be. Still in the basic planning stages. Good luck all!

  • noobgames
    • May 26, 2017 at 5:20 PM
    • #2

    Update - Just thought of a theme and starting the gray / orange box version. It is going to take place in an under construction suburb neighborhood, where terrorists are trying to blow it all up for some reason.


    So far, I am working on the layout. It will be a relatively small map (Possibly 3000x3000), which makes more fast paced gameplay. I'm sort of following 3klikphilip's approach to mapmaking, focusing on the funess of the map first. I'll upload some pictures soon.

  • noobgames
    • June 8, 2017 at 9:18 PM
    • #3

    THEME CHANGE! I decided to make this map into something else. I have decided to stop having this suburb under construction because of the fact that it would be too open and hard to optimise. I've tried many layouts but it just hasn't been working well.

    Now I've decided to change the theme to have this map being set in Québec City, a beautiful city in Canada, my home country. Because of the architecture of the city I think it'll be easier to make a good layout. Thats all for now!

  • noobgames
    • August 31, 2017 at 10:01 PM
    • #4
    Quote from S1lv3r 4 lyf

    8 minutes ago, S1lv3r 4 lyf said: Please upload something so that we can tear it apart.

    reported for bullying

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

Register Yourself Login
Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™