1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
This Thread
  • Everywhere
  • This Thread
  • This Forum
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Discussions
  3. Off-Topic

Studies/Articles on Immersion & Other

  • Sjonsson
  • February 20, 2017 at 9:26 AM
  • Sjonsson
    • February 20, 2017 at 9:26 AM
    • #1

    Heya, Found myself searching for a more scientific explanation on Immersion and found this article. I'm not all that used to academic terminology but there are lots of parts in the article that gives a name to things I previously just explained with a sentence. Such as a 'Consistency Check' (Does the rules of the surroundings follow the previous settings?) and more. I know there's tons of research going on about neuroscience and how close it is to us game devs, but where are all the articles and studies? I don't see a whole lot of them being shared, so I thought I'd start and ask you to do the same; anyone sitting one some cool more scientific articles that can be directly related to game development/design? This article is giving a framework and a terminology for spatial presence & immersion and what processes the brain goes through, some of it are theories other more steadfast data. I really liked this pic with a flow chart over the process the brain goes through when percieving the world and how it interprets it:

    [Blocked Image: http://imgur.com/Mwec32S.jpg]

    Embedding presence-related terminology in a logical and functional model - by Markus von der Heyde & Bernhard E. Rieckehttp://www.kyb.tuebingen.mpg.de/fileadmin/user…dfs/pdf1949.pdf

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

Register Yourself Login
Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Radu
    October 1, 2026 at 7:05 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™