1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
This Thread
  • Everywhere
  • This Thread
  • This Forum
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Discussions
  3. Level Design

currently self teaching - any advice

  • Bearded Bandit
  • December 24, 2016 at 6:05 AM
  • Bearded Bandit
    • December 24, 2016 at 6:05 AM
    • #1

    Hi, I've been on and off the past year in 3D software, and it's only been the last month were I have taken modelling for games more seriously.

    I've started with two props, in future I'm hoping to make some interiors and architectural stuff.

    heres my artstation:https://www.artstation.com/artist/beard3d_bandit Crits are welcome and encouraged :)


    Glenn

  • FMPONE
    • January 9, 2017 at 11:33 PM
    • #2

    I think the props turned out well, keep it up!

  • Sigma
    • January 10, 2017 at 7:00 PM
    • #3

    Hey Glenn,

    I caught the obelisk when you were working on it over at Polycount. The props are turning out great! I see that you are using sketchfab to upload your works for web based viewing. That is a fantastic step. My only comment right now would be, as you are targeting games specifically, to get these props (and others) into an engine. Take high resolution screenshots/renders from that engine, and post that as well. This way, you not only demonstrate expertise with the modeling/texturing aspects, but you also demonstrate technical proficiency with an engine. Can't wait to see more from you (and to hit your level of quality!).

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

Register Yourself Login
Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Radu
    October 1, 2026 at 7:05 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™