1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
This Thread
  • Everywhere
  • This Thread
  • This Forum
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Discussions
  3. Level Design

Having trouble finding studiomdl or any mdl files

  • SmSchmetterling
  • December 3, 2016 at 5:31 AM
  • SmSchmetterling
    • December 3, 2016 at 5:31 AM
    • #1

    I'm trying to export a model from Blender to the CSGO SDK and I was looking for studiomdl and couldn't find it. Turns out I can't find any mdl files in my browser. I can look at them in the Model Viewer in the SDK but if I go up a level in the file browser then back down, all the mdl files disappear again. Hidden folders are being shown and I haven't found anything about where to find these models online. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

  • esspho
    • December 3, 2016 at 12:27 PM
    • #2

    The game's stock-models are stored in container-files (*.gcf). The SDK-tools can read those. If you want to access your model-files directly you would have to extract them from the gcf. But you dont need to do that it you just want to use a model in a map.

    Your studiomdl should be in a subdirectory "bin". If you havn't allready you should check out vdc. There is also an article on making models in Blender.

    I hope this helps a little.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

Register Yourself Login
Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™