1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
This Thread
  • Everywhere
  • This Thread
  • This Forum
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Discussions
  3. Off-Topic

Blizzcon 2016

  • Tisky
  • October 20, 2016 at 2:15 PM
  • Tisky
    • October 20, 2016 at 2:15 PM
    • #1

    Oohhh Man i bought a virtual ticket today! I got a feeling there will be alot of suprises this year.

    Hoping for:

    • Hearthstone expansion unveiling
    • Something Daibloish (last year was horrible Diablo wise)
    • Overwatch Heroes and Maps, Sombra and maybe another new tank :)? What are your predictions/hopes? Minos and HP, inside info plz!
  • grapen
    • October 20, 2016 at 2:47 PM
    • #2

    I'd like news of a new Diablo title at this point. No expansion please. Would love to see the genre reinvented from the core. More focus on adventure, exploration, mechanical skills, difficult content (not power creep), community.

  • Tisky
    • October 20, 2016 at 2:53 PM
    • #3

    Indeed, I played D3 to paragon 1100 or so, but as you say it hit a wall. It could be so much more!

  • Sprony
    • October 22, 2016 at 3:45 PM
    • #4

    I don't see why they should have any incentive for creating a new Diablo. It's still being played by millions and the seasons are a huge success.

    I want to know what all those rumors about their legacy titles are about. Warcraft, Diablo and Starcraft in HD?

  • ElectroSheep
    • October 22, 2016 at 3:48 PM
    • #5

    OW SDK PLIZ

  • grapen
    • October 22, 2016 at 5:14 PM
    • #6
    Quote from Sprony

    1 hour ago, Sprony said: I don't see why they should have any incentive for creating a new Diablo. It's still being played by millions and the seasons are a huge success.

    I want to know what all those rumors about their legacy titles are about. Warcraft, Diablo and Starcraft in HD?

    Increased revenue through smaller transactions similar to their other titles is one I can think of off the top of my head ;)

    I obviously don't have access to Blizzards data, but I have serious doubts about D3 having even a million players at the start of a season. I've played in all 7, and my impression is that the player base have been diminishing greatly with each season. You'll be hard pressed to find any public games, and everyone I've spoken to who still play says that they just play for a few days to get the extra stash, then call it quits until next time.

  • Tisky
    • October 24, 2016 at 6:01 AM
    • #7

    I played Diablo for the first 4 seasons, and i was almost paragon 100 before Reaper of Souls (this means i played ALOT). Compared to the glory days, S1-S3, this game is dead as fuck. All my friends used to play D3, i was the last one to give up. I realised i was the only one left and grinding Grifts in public or solo was just not a fun thing to do. I love the shit out of Diablo but D3 is as dead as it gets. Tragic.

  • Vilham
    • October 24, 2016 at 9:36 AM
    • #8

    Warcraft 4 ploz

  • Sprony
    • October 24, 2016 at 12:42 PM
    • #9
    Quote from grapen

    On 22-10-2016 at 6:14 PM, grapen said: Increased revenue through smaller transactions similar to their other titles is one I can think of off the top of my head ;)

    I obviously don't have access to Blizzards data, but I have serious doubts about D3 having even a million players at the start of a season. I've played in all 7, and my impression is that the player base have been diminishing greatly with each season. You'll be hard pressed to find any public games, and everyone I've spoken to who still play says that they just play for a few days to get the extra stash, then call it quits until next time.

    Hmm, I didn't know that. I haven't played in ages but I still have friends who regularly play it. I had no idea numbers had declined that much.

  • Sjonsson
    • October 24, 2016 at 10:38 PM
    • #10
    Quote from Vilham

    13 hours ago, Vilham said: Warcraft 4 ploz

    I could die a happy mans death if they released WC4 with an editor as powerful as the SC2 one.

  • Tisky
    • October 25, 2016 at 10:13 AM
    • #11

    Goblins and Gnomes, again? I miss the old Mechs so hit me!

  • Tisky
    • October 26, 2016 at 12:59 PM
    • #12

    [Blocked Image: http://media-hearth.cursecdn.com/attachments/40/795/636130118564129167.png]

  • -HP-
    • October 27, 2016 at 9:45 AM
    • #13

    Is any mapcorean going? If so, let's meet in the usual spot for drinks.

  • Tisky
    • October 28, 2016 at 11:17 AM
    • #14

    [Blocked Image: http://media-hearth.cursecdn.com/attachments/40/849/636131846053805021.png]

    Love the Tuskar Totemic nerf homage. Gadgetzan Mega Market. Will Hearthstone get an Auction House?!?!? :O:O:O

  • Tisky
    • November 1, 2016 at 11:38 AM
    • #15

    What a day, first Sombra artwork leaked, then a female and male necromancer artwork. HYPE!!

    Spoiler https://imgur.com/a/m7jAP

    and [Blocked Image: https://media-diablofans.cursecdn.com/attachments/22/384/necromancer_male_female_art.jpg]


    This means nothing but still it is hypetrain 2016.

  • grapen
    • November 1, 2016 at 9:52 PM
    • #16

    Sick Necro art. Gives me 90's MTG vibes.

  • Sprony
    • November 4, 2016 at 7:29 PM
    • #17

    DIABLO REMASSSSSSSSSSSSSTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

  • grapen
    • November 5, 2016 at 12:40 AM
    • #18

    Wait, am I missing something? To me it looks like it's just an event with a 16 level dungeon and awkward controls? And the necro will be purchasable? Underwhelming.

  • Tisky
    • November 5, 2016 at 8:45 AM
    • #19

    Yes. R.I.P Diablo 3. Nail in the damn coffin! Loved how Sombra hijacked the stream, seems like a fun hero, loving the new maps also! Hearthstone x-pansion seems nice, will buy for sure :D

  • grapen
    • November 5, 2016 at 9:30 AM
    • #20
    Quote from Tisky

    42 minutes ago, Tisky said: Yes. R.I.P Diablo 3. Nail in the damn coffin!

    Yeah a shame, I mean this might be cool if you're the 0,01% of the remaining player base that's super hardcore about the game, but I can't see many more buy an expansion that only contains a class. I wonder what changed their minds about necro though since they've said from the start that there won't ever be one, considering he would be too similar to WD.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

Register Yourself Login
Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™