1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
This Thread
  • Everywhere
  • This Thread
  • This Forum
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Discussions
  3. Off-Topic

New Quake4 shot

  • Marcos
  • April 17, 2005 at 11:23 AM
  • Marcos
    • April 17, 2005 at 11:23 AM
    • #1

    Looks more like doom3 than the previous Quake4 shots i'v seen:

    [Blocked Image: http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2005/news/04/15/quake_screen001.jpg]

  • ctswin
    • April 17, 2005 at 11:32 AM
    • #2

    Is that really 'New'?

    looks like a proper screen rather than a scanned magazine version i've seen before..

  • JynxDaddy
    • April 17, 2005 at 12:56 PM
    • #3

    Wow it looks alot better small than at 10000000000x1000000000 pixels like the one I saw before.

    Am I the only one that thinks the chest looks retarted and flat?

  • Nazul
    • April 17, 2005 at 1:02 PM
    • #4
    Quote from JynxDaddy

    Wow it looks alot better small than at 10000000000x1000000000 pixels like the one I saw before.Am I the only one that thinks the chest looks retarted and flat?

    no you're not, i wanted to say: look at me, with my flat-pipes-in-chest

    or somein looks gay

  • RD
    • April 17, 2005 at 1:05 PM
    • #5

    doesnt look bad, but the whole style kinda bores me now. Unless the AI is really good im not really interested in this game. And i think its safe to say theyre gonna ignore the AI as usual

  • csharp
    • April 17, 2005 at 1:08 PM
    • #6

    Well, one reason why it looks like d3: q4 is made with d3 graph enige

  • Evert
    • April 17, 2005 at 1:08 PM
    • #7

    I like it, the style reminds me more of Quake2 than the first screens I saw.

  • Defrag
    • April 17, 2005 at 1:23 PM
    • #8

    Corridor ahoy!

  • hamst3r
    • April 17, 2005 at 2:01 PM
    • #9
    Quote

    Corridor ahoy!

    They are killing quake

  • Taylor Swift
    • April 17, 2005 at 2:26 PM
    • #10

    OOOLD!!

    :roll:

    seen that before

  • Thrik
    • April 17, 2005 at 2:35 PM
    • #11

    We don't really care if you've seen it before, you little worm. It's not old until it's posted on this forum.

    Anyway, yes, I too am growing very bored of the Doom 3 style. It's really not an attraction at all anymore, so I hope they've got some seriously innovative gameplay in place to make this game worth more than a brick.

  • Mazy
    • April 17, 2005 at 3:01 PM
    • #12

    it looks nice, but as already mentioned, way too much like doom 3. But I guess they're just trying to please the fans by making it very similar since doom and quake had somewhat the same style

    anyway

    MAKE THEM UNDERSTAND IT KFS!!!!

    (much <3 plz)

  • Taylor Swift
    • April 17, 2005 at 3:16 PM
    • #13
    Quote from Thrik

    We don't really care if you've seen it before, you little worm. It's not old until it's posted on this forum.really .

    i just said it was old

  • Oski
    • April 17, 2005 at 4:23 PM
    • #14

    Hes got tits.

  • spine
    • April 17, 2005 at 7:01 PM
    • #15

    That's one massive erect nipple! GHAAD!

  • Marcos
    • April 17, 2005 at 7:10 PM
    • #16

    lol yeah.

    I dont think the muzzle flash look good at all..

  • Zacker
    • April 17, 2005 at 7:20 PM
    • #17

    Agreed. Looks too much like D3(!=D3adlode), his nipple is gay and muzzle flash is really wierd.

  • D3adlode
    • April 17, 2005 at 7:36 PM
    • #18
    Quote from Evert

    I like it, the style reminds me more of Quake2 than the first screens I saw.

    That's because it is a sequel to Quake II as I've mentioned about 128948324832 times.

    The shot is old, but it's one of the better ones they still need to work on the guy though, he looks too human to be Strogg at the moment..

  • Evert
    • April 17, 2005 at 7:43 PM
    • #19

    I know.

    I was just saying

  • von*ferret
    • April 17, 2005 at 8:20 PM
    • #20
    Quote from Nazul

    Am I the only one that thinks the chest looks retarted and flat?

    no you're not, i wanted to say: look at me, with my flat-pipes-in-chest

    or somein looks gay

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

Register Yourself Login
Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM

Users Viewing This Thread

  • 2 Guests
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™