1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
This Thread
  • Everywhere
  • This Thread
  • This Forum
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Discussions
  3. Off-Topic

WarCraft HD Remakes and the future

  • Sjonsson
  • October 6, 2016 at 5:59 PM
  • Sjonsson
    • October 6, 2016 at 5:59 PM
    • #1

    Hello friends, So I was scrolling through the cyberspace once again and was trying to find dank memoars to no avail. Then I stumbled on something I cannot remember seeing myself, but I'm sure a lot of others have; namely pre-release materials for WarCraft 3. I found it on Hiveworkshop.com where someone, sometime around 2010, compiled a list of all the vids and articles they could find and here it is: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/threads/the-wa…-thread.155117/ (That said, all creds to the author of the original thread.)

    With the HD-remakes announced I really hope there will be a WarCraft 4 at some point, but I'm note sure it will ever happen. Today Blizzard has grown so big and the RTS-market in proportion has shrunken quite a bit. The main reason for this thread is actually just to share this with all of you. Cause I literally had no clue WC3 by the time of 1999 looked more like Dungeon Siege, Never Winter Nights or what turned out to be World of WarCraft. It's like the remnants of WoW are much older than you'd think. Enjoy!

    WC3, Early Footage from ~2000:[Blocked Image: http://www.gamer.ru/system/attached_images/images/000/433/273/original/screenshot1.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: https://vesmirnejvul.files.wordpress.com/2016/02/fawh8pu.jpg]


    [Blocked Image: http://www.pcgames.de/screenshots/medium/2001/11/5138FROSTWYRM.jpg]

    Comon, how does this not smell WoW:Bossfight?[Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/qEbfAOt.jpg]


    External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.


    External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

  • Bastion
    • October 6, 2016 at 6:13 PM
    • #2

    I have hope for the RTS genre to say hi to warcraft again.

    Blizzard saying that RTS games won't sell anymore will be stupid, since we've already seen that pattern with 2K and Xcom, sure it's not the same genre but it's fairly similar.

  • Sprony
    • October 6, 2016 at 7:06 PM
    • #3

    Wait, what HD-remakes? Or are you referring to the SC2 mods?

  • Sjonsson
    • October 6, 2016 at 7:12 PM
    • #4
    Quote from Bastion

    1 hour ago, Bastion said: I have hope for the RTS genre to say hi to warcraft again.

    Blizzard saying that RTS games won't sell anymore will be stupid, since we've already seen that pattern with 2K and Xcom, sure it's not the same genre but it's fairly similar.

    I think it would sell quite a lot. But I wonder if it would sell more than let's say another WoW expansion? Hard to say without the actual data.

    Quote from Sprony

    9 minutes ago, Sprony said: Wait, what HD-remakes? Or are you referring to the SC2 mods?

    Nopes! I'm referring to this!http://blizzardwatch.com/2015/11/04/bli…tarcraft-in-hd/


    And this:http://www.polygon.com/2016/8/5/12385…er-announcement

  • Radu
    • November 7, 2016 at 1:41 PM
    • #5

    I hope they remaster the cinematics as well. Brood War had one epic introduction.

    External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

Register Yourself Login
Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™