1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
This Thread
  • Everywhere
  • This Thread
  • This Forum
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Discussions
  3. Level Design

[CSGO] [RESOLVED] Does anyone else have this problem?

  • gz.
  • September 19, 2016 at 8:04 PM
  • gz.
    • September 19, 2016 at 8:04 PM
    • #1

    This just started today and it's getting really annoying, anyone know a fix? Restarting hammer doesn't work, and this also happend in another map of mine, but it wasn't a real problem

    Edit: if you cant see whats wrong, look at the texture when I get close, it changes position. (The texture is fine when the map is compiled, but is hard to work with in hammer)

    [Blocked Image: https://i.gyazo.com/ea9cadb35e388421fbec36a372fe2669.gif]

  • gz.
    • September 19, 2016 at 8:13 PM
    • #2
    Quote from Terri

    Just now, Terri said: You high?

    ? Look when I get close, the texture changes position. If you want a better gif i'll provide

  • Lizard
    • September 19, 2016 at 8:15 PM
    • #3

    The technology isn't there yet.

  • rosk
    • September 19, 2016 at 8:17 PM
    • #4

    Never had this problem, does it occur even with the texture not selected?

    (plus move your manifest)

  • gz.
    • September 19, 2016 at 8:18 PM
    • #5
    Quote from rosk

    2 minutes ago, rosk said: Never had this problem, does it occur even with the texture not selected?

    (plus move your manifest)

    Yes it does happen without it selected, its also really inconsistent

  • Lizard
    • September 19, 2016 at 8:19 PM
    • #6

    This is typical for hammer. I sometimes have weird issues like texture scale going extremely low.

  • gz.
    • September 19, 2016 at 8:20 PM
    • #7
    Quote from LizardPL

    Just now, LizardPL said: This is typical for hammer. I sometimes have weird issues like texture scale going extremely low.

    My texture scale isnt edited, just the position was changed

    Another gif

    [Blocked Image: https://i.gyazo.com/6166a01507050cf6a37ac28922742571.gif]

  • Harry Godden
    • September 19, 2016 at 8:26 PM
    • #8

    I can't get this to repeat on my machine, maybe there is a problem that is related to the brush?

  • gz.
    • September 19, 2016 at 8:29 PM
    • #9
    Quote from Terri

    2 minutes ago, Terri said: I can't get this to repeat on my machine, maybe there is a problem that is related to the brush?

    I think the problem might be because I disabled texture lock when using overlays to try to get them to align, I don't know.[Blocked Image: https://i.gyazo.com/91d193ddfb508973f233714061a590d3.jpg]

  • grapen
    • September 19, 2016 at 8:40 PM
    • #10

    Never seen this actually. I've clocked thousands of hours in hammer.

  • Vorontsov
    • September 19, 2016 at 9:17 PM
    • #11

    I can confirm I have the same bugs as @LizardPL

  • gz.
    • September 19, 2016 at 11:03 PM
    • #12
    Quote from LizardPL

    2 hours ago, LizardPL said: This is typical for hammer. I sometimes have weird issues like texture scale going extremely low.

    Wait, you have the same issues as me when you change the texture scale?

    Quote from grapen

    2 hours ago, grapen said: Never seen this actually. I've clocked thousands of hours in hammer.

    Yeah its really annoying because its inconsistent

  • jUST_RUSH
    • September 20, 2016 at 6:56 AM
    • #13

    I've never had this problem, to my knowledge. I have, however, had entire func_detail staircases and the like disappear unless in a certain position.

  • biXen
    • September 20, 2016 at 8:18 AM
    • #14

    Going by recent experience, Hammer is as solid as Steam support :D

  • catfood
    • September 20, 2016 at 10:35 AM
    • #15

    I know RZL had a similar problem and he fixed it by copying the whole map into a new scene

  • spa
    • September 20, 2016 at 11:02 AM
    • #16
    Quote from jUST_RUSH

    4 hours ago, jUST_RUSH said: I've never had this problem, to my knowledge. I have, however, had entire func_detail staircases and the like disappear unless in a certain position.

    Ive seen that too and i just ended up deleting and rebuilding.

  • Lizard
    • September 20, 2016 at 11:03 AM
    • #17
    Quote from gz.

    11 hours ago, gz. said:

    Wait, you have the same issues as me when you change the texture scale?

    Yeah its really annoying because its inconsistent

    No. I sad that sometimes texture scales goes very low on some brushes at certain angle. But this only happens in 3d view. It does not affect the map at all

  • catfood
    • September 20, 2016 at 1:07 PM
    • #18
    Quote from spa

    2 hours ago, spa said: Ive seen that too and i just ended up deleting and rebuilding.

    This could occur when you deleted a brush or entity and then used undo (ctrl+z). should be fixed after restarting hammer

  • spa
    • September 20, 2016 at 6:09 PM
    • #19
    Quote from catfood

    5 hours ago, catfood said: This could occur when you deleted a brush or entity and then used undo (ctrl+z). should be fixed after restarting hammer

    Good to know!

  • gz.
    • September 20, 2016 at 8:11 PM
    • #20
    Quote from catfood

    7 hours ago, catfood said: This could occur when you deleted a brush or entity and then used undo (ctrl+z). should be fixed after restarting hammer

    Yeah, I restarted my PC and it seemed to work, I just forgot to come back here and say that

    Thanks everyone for helping :)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

Register Yourself Login
Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™