1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
This Thread
  • Everywhere
  • This Thread
  • This Forum
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Discussions
  3. Level Design

(CS:GO) What is the correct brush work - more brushes, less textures or vice versa?

  • RealaxFourX
  • April 9, 2016 at 6:53 PM
  • RealaxFourX
    • April 9, 2016 at 6:53 PM
    • #1

    Hello.

    Recently I got very confused about the way maps in cs:go should be made. One friend of mine, who has a lot of experience, states that using as least brushes as possible is the best thing to do. By doing this, there will be some textures under some brushes. Other states, that there isn't any difference, if I will clip and by this use more brushes, as I won't probably reach brush limit with my 5v5 comp map cs_market.

    I checked some official maps, and they have some texture peaking through walls, even players can't really see it. So I assume less brushes are better?

    In this, there was a long wall, so I clipped and added on one side no draw texture.

    I'm really not sure on which way is better.


    So my question is simple: Is it better to have more brushes but less textures or less brushes, but more textures? How does it effect compiling and performance in-game?

  • Vaya
    • April 10, 2016 at 1:39 PM
    • #2

    The difference is negligible. what you need to precise brushwork- which is something that was off last time I played your map. The amount of brushes/textures used doesn't affect performance that much.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

Register Yourself Login
Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™