1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
This Thread
  • Everywhere
  • This Thread
  • This Forum
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Discussions
  3. Creative Chat

The 'Core Sketch Thread!?

  • st0lve
  • April 7, 2005 at 5:07 PM
  • Minos
    • May 15, 2007 at 9:25 PM
    • #301

    A HOT BABE I DID WITH A CRAPPY WHEELMOUSE!!

    [Blocked Image: http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j101/thiagok/chick_final.jpg]

  • Minos
    • May 15, 2007 at 9:27 PM
    • #302

    Peris: Great sense of movement you got with that lizard

  • hessi
    • May 15, 2007 at 9:43 PM
    • #303

    NSFW! tits look like ugly silicone tubes :X plz change

    i loevs my minos <3

  • Minos
    • May 15, 2007 at 9:51 PM
    • #304

    I like banana tits

  • KoKo5oVaR
    • May 16, 2007 at 4:53 PM
    • #305

    mino~~ ~

    I was bored at work, and i'm too lazy to color it !!!!!§§

    [Blocked Image: http://kokosovar.free.fr/coks.jpg]

  • Minos
    • May 16, 2007 at 6:40 PM
    • #306

    haha

    Do you use pencils or pen kokos ? I used a bic pen for that chick, the class was really boring aswell.

  • KoKo5oVaR
    • May 17, 2007 at 12:50 AM
    • #307

    Minos: [Blocked Image: http://www.mirkenta.fr/PhotosUpload/SmallPict/1503_image0.jpg]

    I like to be very accurate with pencils, mainly because my drawings are usually really small, probably because i'm holding a pencil like a retard.

    And peris damn you, i just want to make my own version of the vault dweller now ~~

  • Minos
    • May 17, 2007 at 4:55 AM
    • #308

    tnx kokos

    Peris wow that's one hot vault dweller It would be nice if you added more details to the gun~~

  • ng.aniki
    • May 18, 2007 at 8:21 PM
    • #309

    Pericolos0, his right arm looks a bit too long and huh.. twisted ?

  • Meotwister
    • May 23, 2007 at 12:40 PM
    • #310

    hey guys here's a digital painting I made using the windmill from a recent competition over on Game Artist. Tell me what chou guys think.

    smaller monitor friendly size

    [Blocked Image: http://img406.imageshack.us/img406/6387/chestertondoneqz7.th.jpg]

    original size not so friendly

    http://%7boption%7d

    details for anyone who cares

    [Blocked Image: http://img249.imageshack.us/img249/8870/chestertondetailwh9.th.jpg]

    its the first actual digital painting I've done so you guys have at me then

  • Minos
    • May 31, 2007 at 10:38 PM
    • #311

    Just trying out a few new techniques... I know it's very wrong anatomicaly but it was the only drawing I had on my work pc.

    [Blocked Image: http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j101/thiagok/punk-1.jpg]

  • Minos
    • June 1, 2007 at 4:14 AM
    • #312

    damn, my workplace's monitor is really fucked up, that drawing is SATURATED as fuck on my home monitor

    fixed it

  • Skjalg
    • June 1, 2007 at 4:59 AM
    • #313

    I like the legs.. The upper body and arms are meh, but still a lot better than me

  • Minos
    • June 1, 2007 at 5:16 AM
    • #314

    As I said, the drawing is old and pretty much sucks. I was just trying out a few new techniques I learned

  • Seldoon182
    • June 1, 2007 at 7:55 AM
    • #315
    Quote from KoKo5oVaR

    mino~~ ~I was bored at work, and i'm too lazy to color it !!!!!§§

    [Blocked Image: http://kokosovar.free.fr/coks.jpg]

    Damnit ! Tell me how to clean up ur drawing, KoKo ?

    By example with my lasted skeatch...

    [Blocked Image: http://pix.nofrag.com/8c/45/00815dc3c0c89d2355a3eded2ac4t.jpg]

    Ps: no scaner at home !

  • Minos
    • June 1, 2007 at 8:20 AM
    • #316

    This is what I usualy to clean up an scanned drawing:

    - Desaturate the image

    - Slightly increase brightness/contrast (don't overdo this step, otherwise you will end up with horrible crispy lines)

    - Manualy clean things up with a hard white brush (very important, don't be lazy on this step)

    - Duplicate the layer and set the top one as "multiply" and 50-70% opacity. (This will make your lines darker. You can also use a slight blur pass on the top layer if your lines are too crispy).

  • KoKo5oVaR
    • June 1, 2007 at 8:29 AM
    • #317

    Well, i got a scanner but i guess it's a bit more tricky from a photo

    usually what i do :

    - desaturate the picture

    - increase the levels to make the most bright grey to go white but not too much to not loose some important lines/shadings

    - slightly add more constrast to make the darkest lines stand out

    (duplicate layers as mino said is also a good idea)

    - and clean a bit the drawing with a blurry white brush (but usally i only have 5 cliks to perform )

    and this is all !

    oh and mino, you drawing legs better than me, but geez that chest is directly comming from dragon ball Z ..

  • Seldoon182
    • June 1, 2007 at 10:01 AM
    • #318

    Thanks guys, I'm still testing yours tips...

    Quote from KoKo5oVaR

    ... but i guess it's a bit more tricky from a photo...

    You have no idea... I can't reach a drawing with good lineart...

    [Blocked Image: http://pix.nofrag.com/04/95/e5c2ba189b890e8fd0568c9b1100t.jpg]

    Quote from KoKo5oVaR

    oh and mino, you drawing legs better than me, but geez that chest is directly comming from dragon ball Z ..

    +1

    - The head looks like the Craig Jones' mask (Slipknot).

    - The right arm remind me Wolverine.

  • KoKo5oVaR
    • June 2, 2007 at 5:26 PM
    • #319

    mhhh ... brazzzzil

    [Blocked Image: http://kokosovar.free.fr/beachcolo.jpg]

  • Minos
    • June 2, 2007 at 6:06 PM
    • #320

    lol good one

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

Register Yourself Login
Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    October 8, 2026 at 7:49 PM
  2. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:18 AM
  3. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:14 AM
  4. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:13 AM
  5. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM

Users Viewing This Thread

  • 11 Guests
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™