1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
This Thread
  • Everywhere
  • This Thread
  • This Forum
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Discussions
  3. Level Design

problem with blender model in Hammer editor

  • MaBo
  • February 22, 2016 at 4:12 PM
  • MaBo
    • February 22, 2016 at 4:12 PM
    • #1

    Hello,


    So I started to learn blender today and wanted to import my blender model into hammer.
    I use Blender source tools to export it to smd.

    I used crowbar to compile it.

    In the model.qc file I entered:

    Quote

    $modelname "industrial/flowerplant.mdl"
    $body mybody "flowerplant.smd"
    $staticprop
    $cdmaterials "industrial/"
    $scale 1

    $sequence idle "idle.smd" loop fps 1

    $collisionmodel "collision.smd" {
    $automass
    $concave
    }

    $keyvalues
    {
    "prop_data"
    {
    "base" "Metal.Medium"
    }
    }

    Display More

    I used VTFEdit to create a vtf and a vmt file.

    vmt file:

    Quote

    "VertexLitGeneric"
    {
    "$basetexture" "models\industrial\xflowerplant"
    "$surfaceprop" "Concrete_Block"
    }

    The material files are located in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Counter-Strike Global Offensive\csgo\materials\models\industrial"
    The model files are located in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Counter-Strike Global Offensive\csgo\models\industrial"


    But now my problem...
    In the blender model it all looks normal and good https://gyazo.com/29aa333a35af92bfdc498b60e2bd327e

    But when I check the model in csgo sdk model viewer it shows me this https://gyazo.com/6c3539cd44901ebee9f0e811da5c37a4
    It also gives me a error "[error] could not load material"

    Please help me to fix this.

    - MaBo

  • tomm
    • February 22, 2016 at 8:13 PM
    • #2

    hey

    I think you're currently looking into "csgo\materials\industrial"

    try

    Quote

    $cdmaterials "models\industrial"

  • MaBo
    • February 22, 2016 at 8:55 PM
    • #3
    Quote from tomm

    hey

    I think you're currently looking into "csgo\materials\industrial"

    try

    Nope this still doesn`t work I get the same result

  • Vorontsov
    • February 22, 2016 at 9:06 PM
    • #4

    Go to CS:GO - SDK and open up the Model Viewer.

    In the model viewer open up your model and go to the "Model" tab, and see at the bottom it should say Materials used: blabla, in my case as an example it says subway_entry_uv, the model is subway_entry.

    This step is to make sure the model has any materials "attached" to it at all. Reply to me with what you find, also if you don't mind, upload the model files & the materials used for it so I could help you out more.

  • MaBo
    • February 22, 2016 at 9:22 PM
    • #5
    Quote from Vorontsov

    Go to CS:GO - SDK and open up the Model Viewer.

    In the model viewer open up your model and go to the "Model" tab, and see at the bottom it should say Materials used: blabla, in my case as an example it says subway_entry_uv, the model is subway_entry.

    This step is to make sure the model has any materials "attached" to it at all. Reply to me with what you find, also if you don't mind, upload the model files & the materials used for it so I could help you out more.

    Oh thanks for this tip, I found out I didn`t attach it to the model so I fixed it, now it shows the textures

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

Register Yourself Login
Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™