1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
This Thread
  • Everywhere
  • This Thread
  • This Forum
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Vault
  3. Archived Forums
  4. Non-Professional Recruitment

Gearbox Software looking for a few good COGs

  • Mojo
  • April 6, 2005 at 9:06 PM
  • kleinluka
    • May 5, 2005 at 10:57 PM
    • #41

    I did it. It's definitely hard but once you start seeing all the benefits the new country and job brings you, and you start meeting new people, the "loss" becomes secondary. You dont really lose your friends. You stay in touch via phone/internet or go back to visit for vacation. Thats what I am doing. But you really gotta make sure you live in a place that you like so you dont get homesick.

  • PhilipK
    • May 6, 2005 at 2:11 AM
    • #42

    Heh, I doubt I'd have much problem moving to another country really.

    Working with the things I like the most just is enough.

    Also I guess army has thought me not to get homesick

  • FrieChamp
    • May 6, 2005 at 3:30 AM
    • #43
    Quote

    Heh, I doubt I'd have much problem moving to another country really.Working with the things I like the most just is enough.

    Let me tell you, it is "not" enough

    I assume that you got a social life right now and at some point you will need to find your balance, especially when you sit in front of the computer the whole day.

    So just make sure that there is the possibility to get some social interaction in your freetime otherwise you'll go nuts.

  • Euro*Brew
    • May 6, 2005 at 6:58 AM
    • #44

    Salary isn't the most important thing. The truly dedicated go the internship route and gather the experience they need. Companies just don't throw money at you, you have to prove that you are worth the money you want to make.

    Euro*Brew

  • Lee3dee
    • May 12, 2005 at 3:42 PM
    • #45

    update....i didn't get into the COGS program. Maybe next time.

  • ReNo
    • May 12, 2005 at 5:04 PM
    • #46

    Unlucky mate, don't let it discourage you though, you'll have plenty other opportunities.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

Register Yourself Login
Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™