1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
This Thread
  • Everywhere
  • This Thread
  • This Forum
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Discussions
  3. Level Design

[CS:GO] Monsoon

  • Jack_is_my_name
  • January 6, 2016 at 5:31 PM
  • Jack_is_my_name
    • January 6, 2016 at 5:31 PM
    • #1

    An Arms Race / Deathmatch map set in Hong Kong during the monsoon season.

    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/fi…s/?id=588369155

    A few screenshots for your enjoyment pleasure:

    Quote

    [Blocked Image: http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/608349439301931855/0E4B317CC33809BF9AE05264FFFC82853B1FF8F3/][Blocked Image: http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/608349439301930591/0432412D4EA3165AFA8B9632577904A21ECBCA60/][Blocked Image: http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/608349439301938506/842B32D6DEC7352FBF2133DCAB8CAF5510013A2B/][Blocked Image: http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/608349439301939202/91F83C2D31E5FA0F65652F6BC6F512EA18B7CEC7/][Blocked Image: http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/608349439301928811/E3E77B81FAAE87A7D883E0A7C4C796420842B9AD/][Blocked Image: http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/608349439301930876/2F981A4DA4F932782AFCEB2B2D233DB41904CC1E/][Blocked Image: http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/608349439301931185/45E2A75C681BD0609BE1D7FB3766087F79B730E6/][Blocked Image: http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/608349439301939617/ABE4151191417EB89810907EFE40D54EB32CD0AC/]

    Sorry for 42 photos that all look similar.

  • Vorontsov
    • January 8, 2016 at 7:28 PM
    • #2

    I would highly recommend getting a good folder full of reference pictures first. I don't get the feeling that this is in Hong Kong, as there is very little to indicate so, it looks like an outside disco party. And I don't mean any of this in a bad way, but judging from the screenshots it looks to be located somewhere in a warmer climate, maybe the Middle East or Los Angeles, that's how I felt.

  • Jack_is_my_name
    • January 9, 2016 at 1:57 PM
    • #3
    Quote from Vorontsov

    I would highly recommend getting a good folder full of reference pictures first. I don't get the feeling that this is in Hong Kong, as there is very little to indicate so, it looks like an outside disco party. And I don't mean any of this in a bad way, but judging from the screenshots it looks to be located somewhere in a warmer climate, maybe the Middle East or Los Angeles, that's how I felt.

    I see what you mean, it was originally set in india, but then i decided to nick all the soho assets from tf2 so i moved it. http://simparkinfrastructure.com/inc/wp-content…t-night-top.png

    simpark mall in kolkata

  • Vorontsov
    • January 10, 2016 at 12:13 AM
    • #4

    @Jack_is_my_name The problem is that even though it is based on that picture, you've gotta admit that it looks a hell of a lot more like the Red Square in Russia than something in Hong Kong, or even India.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

Register Yourself Login
Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Radu
    October 1, 2026 at 7:05 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™