1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
This Thread
  • Everywhere
  • This Thread
  • This Forum
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Discussions
  3. Level Design

CS:GO - Link

  • JSadones
  • January 4, 2016 at 7:55 AM
  • JSadones
    • May 27, 2016 at 11:06 AM
    • #21
    Quote from Logic

    4 hours ago, Logic said: If you post an updated overview I can give you some impressions I had during the playtest yesterday :)

    I hope this is sufficient for now. Did the fix ups with Photoshop because I'm going to do more layout changes after I received all the feedback :)

    Spoiler [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/vYltqKK.png]

  • Logic
    • May 27, 2016 at 11:56 AM
    • #22

    That's more than enough :)

    Some general thoughts:

    The exclamation marks (!#) are all of the connections into mid, which I think there is too many of.

    I think T-main (which didn't get a number... doi), !2 and !3 are all good.

    !6 is okay but it's very close to the main route towards B anyways.

    It feels like !1 was more of an afterthought. It doesn't help T's get any more map control and is generally only used during fast retakes. This could probably be merged with !2 if done right.

    !4 and !5 however are not really necessary to connect to mid. To simplify things, I would suggest something like the image below.

    There is a lot on the table here, but it's all up to you. These are just my thoughts :) Logic out!

  • JSadones
    • May 27, 2016 at 1:22 PM
    • #23
    Quote from Logic

    1 hour ago, Logic said: That's more than enough :)

    Some general thoughts:

    The exclamation marks (!#) are all of the connections into mid, which I think there is too many of.

    I think T-main (which didn't get a number... doi), !2 and !3 are all good.

    !6 is okay but it's very close to the main route towards B anyways.

    It feels like !1 was more of an afterthought. It doesn't help T's get any more map control and is generally only used during fast retakes. This could probably be merged with !2 if done right.

    !4 and !5 however are not really necessary to connect to mid. To simplify things, I would suggest something like the image below.

    There is a lot to talk about here, but it's all up to you. These are just my thoughts :) Logic out!

    Display More

    Wow thanks for the awesome edit of that minimap ! Helps a lot!

    For the bombsite a, I really want it to be blowing up the satellite. But I can't find any good solution that fits the environment.

    Thanks for the other feedback, I'll have a look at everything once I get the other feedback from the playtest.

  • Logic
    • May 27, 2016 at 1:30 PM
    • #24
    Quote from JSadones

    8 minutes ago, JSadones said: Wow thanks for the awesome edit of that minimap ! Helps a lot!

    For the bombsite a, I really want it to be blowing up the satellite. But I can't find any good solution that fits the environment.

    Thanks for the other feedback, I'll have a look at everything once I get the other feedback from the playtest.

    No problem :)

    Yeah, I saw that other people told you to move the site. Different opinions I guess :P It shouldn't be impossible to pull of thought, but stick with this site for now.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

Register Yourself Login
Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM

Users Viewing This Thread

  • 1 Guest
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™