1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
This Thread
  • Everywhere
  • This Thread
  • This Forum
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Discussions
  3. Level Design

Forest [Custom Gamemode] [WIP]

  • Psyrius
  • December 24, 2015 at 7:09 PM
  • Psyrius
    • December 24, 2015 at 7:09 PM
    • #1

    As some of you may know, I want to take an education in 3D-graphics. The school I want to take education in have pretty high standards since they have a close relationship with some game developers here in Sweden and there's a high chance to get a job after the education. So they want to make sure the students they accept are persons suited for this. They suggested me to have something I've made to show them when I send in the application form to increase my chances getting accepted.

    So therefor I began working on a little forest scene. While working on it, I felt it would be a shame if I don't upload it to the workshop when I'm done. Maybe someone want to take a little walk in my forest. Who knows? And then I felt that would be kind of boring... Put in spawns for deathmatch? Too simple... Make my own gamemode? Hmm...

    So I've also been working on a crate spawning system which contains weapons. And I want some kind of system in the middle of the map that awards the player/team. I've been working on a system that add points to the player/team, however it needs more work. So my idea is to have the crates containing weapons spawn in the forest. And in the middle you'll get points or something. But you can't stay in the middle forever, because you're gonna need another gun pretty soon :)

    I made a quick 10 second video sliding through a part of the scene, because I'm gonna remove alot of it. I'm gonna try to make my own tree and rock models which isn't too demanding on the system. The trees I use now each have each over 14000 polygons. Not exactly well optimized.

    Posting Workshop link some other day.

    External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

  • JustFredrik
    • December 24, 2015 at 9:21 PM
    • #2

    Keep it up, looking good!

    What is the name of the school that you are thinking of applying to?

  • Psyrius
    • December 24, 2015 at 10:23 PM
    • #3

    FutureGames :)

  • Fnugz
    • December 24, 2015 at 11:13 PM
    • #4

    Nice looking scene!

    Wish I could attend a school like this in the future :D

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

Register Yourself Login
Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™