1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
This Thread
  • Everywhere
  • This Thread
  • This Forum
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Discussions
  3. Level Design

Quake 3 Shader image missing

  • Daniel Nilsson
  • October 24, 2015 at 1:09 PM
  • Daniel Nilsson
    • October 24, 2015 at 1:09 PM
    • #1

    Hi! Been a while since I visited Mapcore (Been busy with my new workplace, game design for a small start-up) :) But I'd like some help from some kind (Quake 3 and Radiant experienced)soul out there. I recently accepted a little side gig to re-texture some maps for an old Quake 3 Mod/Game. And the people behind it haven't worked on it for years so they only had the .bsp files. I managed to decompile it into a .map w/ Q2map2 and loaded it into gtkradiant. So far so good. But now, of course all the surfaces says shader image missing and makes it a bit hard to navigate and see what should be replaced with what. So I loaded the directory with textures but no difference. Maybe I'm just a bit gtk-rusty but I feel a bit stomped. How do I get them to load?

  • Klems
    • October 24, 2015 at 3:14 PM
    • #2

    Have you copied the scripts folder? Don't forget to change the shaderlist.txt file as well, otherwise the shaders won't appear in Radiant.

    Nevertheless, the textures should at least appear in the texture browser.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

Register Yourself Login
Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM

Users Viewing This Thread

  • 1 Guest
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™