1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
This Thread
  • Everywhere
  • This Thread
  • This Forum
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Discussions
  3. Off-Topic

Looking to buy good sound system for TV / music

  • jackophant
  • September 24, 2015 at 4:01 PM
  • jackophant
    • September 24, 2015 at 4:01 PM
    • #1

    Hi guys, you're a knowledgeable bunch so I thought I'd fire the question out there:

    I'm after a good, solid set of speakers or a sound system.

    I'd like there to be a fair amount of bass, bluetooth connectivity, and can work with a TV (primarily) but is also reasonably transportable if I wanted to take them outside for a BBQ par example.

    I'm open to suggestions, I'm no audiophile and I literally have no idea how much I could/should be spending so if someone knows that as well, I would appreciate the info.

    Thanks!

  • laminutederire
    • October 19, 2015 at 8:08 AM
    • #2
    Quote from jackophant

    Hi guys, you're a knowledgeable bunch so I thought I'd fire the question out there:

    I'm after a good, solid set of speakers or a sound system.

    I'd like there to be a fair amount of bass, bluetooth connectivity, and can work with a TV (primarily) but is also reasonably transportable if I wanted to take them outside for a BBQ par example.

    I'm open to suggestions, I'm no audiophile and I literally have no idea how much I could/should be spending so if someone knows that as well, I would appreciate the info.

    Thanks!

    Really good speakers are often fragile, and sound system for TV like surround system aren't movable for obvious reasons

    however, I don't know how is your home arranged, but I know that at home we have a surround system, with the living room having a window bay leading to the terrace. With the windows opened all the way, and by pushing a bit the volume, you can hear reasonably between 0 and 5 meters from the window. Don't know if it'll work for you?

    ( I am not knowledgeable on specific hardware but I might have some useful answers with the things my father collected as infos to choose his speakers)

  • blackdog
    • October 19, 2015 at 12:57 PM
    • #3

    You made me curious to find out if there are sound bars that have bluetooth options for the music only use.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

Register Yourself Login
Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™