1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
This Thread
  • Everywhere
  • This Thread
  • This Forum
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Discussions
  3. Level Design

Issue with my custom soundscape

  • Overdoziz
  • August 12, 2015 at 2:41 PM
  • Overdoziz
    • August 12, 2015 at 2:41 PM
    • #1

    I'm having an issue with my custom soundtrack where it doesn't seem to want to play. I'm not sure what the issue is.

    -The audio files I use in the soundscape are all in the correct csgo/sound folder and work in Hammer
    -The soundscape script is named after the map (soundscapes_de_pit12)
    -I used pakrat to pack all the files into the .bsp
    -Default soundscapes work
    -Here's the soundscape script code: http://pastebin.com/Q4v0zhEa

    Does anyone know what could be the issue?

  • Skybex
    • August 12, 2015 at 2:55 PM
    • #2

    I might be remembering it wrong, but "positions" should be defined in hammer with the soundscape entity before they will play. I am guessing you haven't done this because all your positions are set to "0". Quite a few of the stock maps will have it done like this, but cant remember off the top of my head what ones. I think Militia will have it so open it up and have a look.

    Also you might find this useful http://forums.tf2maps.net/showthread.php?t=11967

  • Overdoziz
    • August 12, 2015 at 3:49 PM
    • #3

    Found out I had a couple too many brackets in the code and now it does actually do something! Problem is that all I hear is static. :/

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

Register Yourself Login
Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™