1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
This Thread
  • Everywhere
  • This Thread
  • This Forum
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Discussions
  3. Level Design

de_mirage idea

  • clankill3r
  • August 12, 2015 at 2:18 PM
  • clankill3r
    • August 12, 2015 at 2:18 PM
    • #1

    I had this idea for de_mirage and I was wondering what other people where thinking of it.
    First, de_mirage seems to be quite balanced as it is:
    http://blog.counter-strike.net/index.php/map-data-01/

    The idea is to cut the top right corner. This would allow in much quicker rotation times.
    It would be mostly in favor of the T's but it could also favor the CT slightly cause they could go quicker for retakes where they push from multiple sides.
    The wenis pointing to the top right is for the spawn points so T's don't get in important positions before the CT's.

    Let me know what you think!

  • Vaya
    • August 12, 2015 at 2:29 PM
    • #2

    seems a little like reinventing the wheel. CTs the push apps would get a lot more info than they currently do too- mid pushes from behind would be much easier for them too.

  • Pampers
    • August 12, 2015 at 4:40 PM
    • #3
  • El_Exodus
    • August 12, 2015 at 4:49 PM
    • #4

    Never change a running system. Why fixing something that doesn't need to be fixed? Makes no sense.

  • Bodd Jonar
    • August 12, 2015 at 5:58 PM
    • #5

    No, punishing T's for making mistakes is important, they have their quick and dangerous rotate paths in mid. Just like on D2. Adding this short and safe rotate path adds nothing of value and lowers the skill required as a team on T side.

  • text_fish
    • August 14, 2015 at 7:54 AM
    • #6

    The timings on current Mirage are fantastic. Even when both teams rush, CT can set up a decent defense on all 3 lanes. Judging your proposals purely by eye, I imagine CT would get to window when T are already over half way through mid and probably able too molly the window (unless you lose the vent), and CT would be inside Palace before T's.

  • text_fish
    • August 14, 2015 at 8:57 AM
    • #7

    Yeah I guess you could play around moving the spawns up and down that new corridor, but I just find it hard to believe that it would maintain the same time differences across all three lanes. If you move the circle further forward so that T's can still take palace then they'll be able to secure mid within seconds, and probably be jumping through apt windows before CT have got to van. Move the circle further back to save mid and B, and they'll lose palace to the CT's. I guess you could slide the T spawn corridor down and to the right a bit, but then you're essentially just returning T's to their original spawn point.

    It's interesting to think about, but in practical terms I think Pampers hit the nail on the head.

  • Logic
    • August 14, 2015 at 12:33 PM
    • #8

    I can understand the changes, but I'd rather keep it as it is, only because I hate terrorist spawns that just have one route which you have to take no matter where you're going. I'd rather have a choice in where to go as soon as the freezetime expires :P

  • clankill3r
    • August 15, 2015 at 5:04 PM
    • #9
    Quote from austinweiss13

    I think his picture suggests that the T's still start further back with the same timings, but allow for quicker rotations once out of spawn.

    yes I mean that! Else it would be horrible!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

Register Yourself Login
Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™