1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
This Thread
  • Everywhere
  • This Thread
  • This Forum
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Discussions
  3. Level Design

[CS:GO] de_mine *WIP*

  • spaly
  • August 2, 2015 at 8:52 PM
  • spaly
    • August 2, 2015 at 8:52 PM
    • #1

    Hey there,

    want to bring up my new started map de_mine

    Here is the workshop link, would be nice if I got some early feedback http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/fi…s/?id=492147156


    Some Screenshots:


    Layout: http://i.imgur.com/6fCFLaN.png


    I will expand this thread over time, this is just a quick place-holder ^^

  • Psyrius
    • August 3, 2015 at 9:05 AM
    • #2

    I went in and took a look. I would recommend putting up some screenshots. But I took one for you: http://i.imgur.com/6fCFLaN.png

    Where is the bombsite?

  • spaly
    • August 3, 2015 at 11:00 AM
    • #3
    Quote from Psyrius

    I went in and took a look. I would recommend putting up some screenshots. But I took one for you: http://i.imgur.com/6fCFLaN.png

    Where is the bombsite?

    oh, thanks for this dude ^^

    Like I said, this post was like a place holder because I was tired yesterday, I will do a real showcase today

  • spaly
    • August 4, 2015 at 12:58 PM
    • #4

    push, give me Ideas for what to change ^^

  • Vaya
    • August 6, 2015 at 10:03 AM
    • #5

    a couple walls? :)

  • jackophant
    • August 6, 2015 at 12:31 PM
    • #6

    Probably shrink the size of your lanes and open areas. Look how swamped that little CT is down on the left, or the T who's fallen off the map on the right.

    They layout looks OK (can't say for sure without testing), but your pathways should be about 128-192 units wide. I would suggest a comfortable 160 to begin with, and shrink/expand appropriately to create some variation.

    If you make this change, I think you'll find all your routes look super skinny and long (relatively speaking) and then you can find a more apt length for them.

    Try to keep your rotation time between bombsite to about 10-15 seconds, and while you can experiment with initial contact times, CTs want to get to each bombsite 1-3 seconds before the Ts depending on how favourable a spawn each team gets.

  • spaly
    • August 6, 2015 at 12:48 PM
    • #7
    Quote from jackophant

    Probably shrink the size of your lanes and open areas. Look how swamped that little CT is down on the left, or the T who's fallen off the map on the right.

    They layout looks OK (can't say for sure without testing), but your pathways should be about 128-192 units wide. I would suggest a comfortable 160 to begin with, and shrink/expand appropriately to create some variation.

    If you make this change, I think you'll find all your routes look super skinny and long (relatively speaking) and then you can find a more apt length for them.

    Try to keep your rotation time between bombsite to about 10-15 seconds, and while you can experiment with initial contact times, CTs want to get to each bombsite 1-3 seconds before the Ts depending on how favourable a spawn each team gets.

    thats really helpful, I am reworking the map right now to both have smarter connectors and a better size..

    greetings ^^

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

Register Yourself Login
Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    October 6, 2026 at 9:01 AM
  2. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:18 AM
  3. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:14 AM
  4. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:13 AM
  5. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM

Users Viewing This Thread

  • 4 Guests
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™