1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
This Thread
  • Everywhere
  • This Thread
  • This Forum
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Discussions
  3. Level Design

de_subliminal

  • AkatsukiUK
  • August 1, 2015 at 1:14 PM
  • AkatsukiUK
    • August 1, 2015 at 1:14 PM
    • #1

    Hi all,

    This map is a bit of a mad experiment in making a level indoors only. There is just two places where I have a skybox material to open up the ceiling a little but otherwise the level is lit by around 180+ lights in total. Visually it wont win any awards but a lot of work in the last few months went into improving the flow, spaces, general readability and performance. This is also my first cs map and using Source sdk, so I was initially a bit worried about entering this contest.

    I finished the map around June this year, although there are still improvements that could be made from the helpful feedback I received here in the original thread:


    Steam Workshop Link:

    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/fi…s/?id=446927952

    Some really nice looking maps in the contest and I wish everyone all the best!


    [Blocked Image: http://www.henrytoftsdesign.co.uk/communities/4/004/010/070/274/images/4621137677.swf]

    [Blocked Image: http://www.henrytoftsdesign.co.uk/communities/4/004/010/070/274/images/4621229850.swf]

    [Blocked Image: http://www.henrytoftsdesign.co.uk/communities/4/004/010/070/274/images/4621137682.swf]

    [Blocked Image: http://www.henrytoftsdesign.co.uk/communities/4/004/010/070/274/images/4621229851.swf]

    [Blocked Image: http://www.henrytoftsdesign.co.uk/communities/4/004/010/070/274/images/4621137650.swf]

  • ScottehBoeh
    • August 9, 2015 at 1:02 AM
    • #2

    This looks great! Amazing amount of detail! I like the various colours between different rooms :)

  • DeWil
    • August 10, 2015 at 5:55 PM
    • #3

    WOW! THIS LOOKS AWESOME! This has by far the BEST grafics i've seen on any maps at this contest! I would really say you deserve the win!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

Register Yourself Login
Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™