1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
This Thread
  • Everywhere
  • This Thread
  • This Forum
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Discussions
  3. Off-Topic

Is your backbone okay ?

  • Minos
  • March 29, 2005 at 7:24 AM
  • Minos
    • March 29, 2005 at 7:24 AM
    • #1

    Is your backbone okay ? 0

    1. Yes, totally (0) 0%
    2. No, it hurts sometimes (0) 0%
    3. No, it hurts every fucking day (0) 0%

    Was just wondering if u guys have the same problem as me: My backbone hurts a lot and I think its due to the long time I spend in front of the PC.

    It seems to be rather common in people who spend long periods of time on the pc, so I guess some of u have the same problem.

  • kleinluka
    • March 29, 2005 at 7:25 AM
    • #2

    hurts sometimes, but OK for the most part.

    I'm also one of the people who sits in the weirdest positions when in front of the PC for long periods of time. I tend to slouch a lot after some time and go into some kind of laying position rather than sitting.

    D:

  • Minos
    • March 29, 2005 at 7:36 AM
    • #3

    lol same here klein. oh and the chair I used to sit on was pretty fucked up, so that probably helped to make things worse

  • Thrik
    • March 29, 2005 at 10:43 AM
    • #4

    My back's fine, but my posture is kind of lame at times due to the immense amounts of time I spend in front of a damn computer. I do everything at home on one, I do everything at college on one, hell we usually end up on one when I go round to a friend's house.

    I really ought to see a specialist and get myself straightened out.

  • Tequila
    • March 29, 2005 at 12:31 PM
    • #5

    My back's pretty painful when I'm on the computer for hours; this computer chair is just no damn good.

  • Duff-e
    • March 29, 2005 at 12:39 PM
    • #6

    my feet hurt like crazy since i started playing volleyball

    as for my back....no...i have pretty good posture

  • insta
    • March 29, 2005 at 12:49 PM
    • #7

    Hurts like hell. I instant-slouch infront of the computer, so it's no wonder.

  • Thrik
    • March 29, 2005 at 1:10 PM
    • #8

    I don't really ever slouch, I just lean back or, if I'm gaming, sit straight. It actually ends up being even worse when I do the former, since my neck is still being bent forwards.

  • st0lve
    • March 29, 2005 at 2:13 PM
    • #9

    neh not really unless I've been skating big stairs for a long time or something.

  • D3adlode
    • March 29, 2005 at 2:28 PM
    • #10

    I used to get that but I don't anymore, though I tend to find it hurts if I start doing any manual labour (ie bending over to mow the lawn).

  • ginsengavenger
    • March 29, 2005 at 5:28 PM
    • #11

    hurts now and then when i get up in the morning.. i sleep soundly but in odd positions on a mattress that's a bit too firm. a good lumbar pillow or two will do wonders for your computer chair btw.

  • ReNo
    • March 29, 2005 at 5:52 PM
    • #12

    I'm fine when sitting around the house and things, but I do get a really sore back when I go ice skating or snowboarding for a long length of time. Ice skating is worse because you don't get the long rest times you do in boarding thanks to the chairlifts. I think its probably my time spent sat on my crappy desk chair that cause me the problems - it came with my flat and I've just never bothered to replace it

  • OL
    • March 29, 2005 at 7:06 PM
    • #13

    it used to hurt like crazy but then i got one of those milk carton thick pads for my bed and it never ever hurts anymore

  • Izuno
    • March 29, 2005 at 7:13 PM
    • #14

    i got an ergonomic setup at the office for the last year now, plus i never sit for more than 20 minutes so my back is doing fine. same thing at home.

  • RD
    • March 29, 2005 at 7:25 PM
    • #15

    My backbone is slightly curved, which makes me immune for all kinds of pains. In front of the pc i sit on my back or am hunched forward like the hunchback of the notredame. So technically my backbone isnt ok, but in another way it is

  • DaanO
    • March 30, 2005 at 4:45 AM
    • #16

    I spend time in front of my computer, whenever i make paintings i do that on the ground and i skate a lot (not in a casual way but more in an ice-skating kind of way) so my back, is terrible.

  • JynxDaddy
    • March 30, 2005 at 5:00 AM
    • #17

    I think I've screwed mine by playing computer alot ;o

    Sometime I cant stand sitting in a chair and just have to lay down somewhere.

    Besides that I find it hard to get comfortable in chairs that arent padded, and sometimes it can get painfull

    Im gonna slip a disc when I'm older

  • madcow
    • March 30, 2005 at 5:50 AM
    • #18

    my back only hurts when i rollerblade lol, which is like never

  • st0lve
    • March 30, 2005 at 6:01 PM
    • #19

    fruitbooter.

    haha I haven't said that word in a long time.

  • Defrag
    • March 31, 2005 at 1:47 PM
    • #20

    Invest in a good quality leather PC chair if you can afford it; your back will thank you for it in the long run.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

Register Yourself Login
Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM

Users Viewing This Thread

  • 1 Guest
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™