1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
This Thread
  • Everywhere
  • This Thread
  • This Forum
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Discussions
  3. Level Design

[WIP]de_stage

  • olaund
  • July 24, 2015 at 9:41 PM
  • olaund
    • July 24, 2015 at 9:41 PM
    • #1

    de_stage is a bomb defusal map set in a industrial centre with multiple storage facilities. A mercenary group has been paid to remove the central warehouse because of recent decisions by the local government to transform the area into offices. The mercenaries have been contacted by an extremist who is against the modernisation of the heavy industry. The local task force have been informed of the attack and are sending in a swat team.

    The map has been in development on and off again for the last 2 years and I have used this map to learn how to master the hammer tool. My goal was to create a smaller type of map in contrast to the usual 5v5 defusal maps and I feel I have accomplished that goal. I have heavily modified a local structure as the main warehouse and much of the central building is inspired by it. I haven't used any custom textures or models.

    Here are some pictures, more can be found on the steam workshop page.

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/nxxGZnh.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/o8IjcJT.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/HHsso4O.jpg]


    Steam workshop page: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/fi…s/?id=487477106

  • jackophant
    • July 28, 2015 at 2:16 PM
    • #2

    Heyo! Saw this has been sitting uncommented on since Friday!

    I can see splashes of overpass, mirage and nuke in there if I'm not mistaken. I'm not sure about the tall flower border inside though? :|

    I think you could probably work in a bit more detail to make it feel more realistic. There are some quite large walls of repeating textures which feel bare.

    What are the timings like?

  • olaund
    • July 29, 2015 at 11:29 AM
    • #3

    Hello and thanks for the feedback.

    Yes there are some splashes of different maps like mirage, nuke and cache etc... I agree that the flower border inside needs to be more fitting of the enviorment, but it is just an placeholder for now.

    I am currently texturing and detailing the map.

    I tested the timings yesterday and created a radar overview of them.

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/iWR21zu.jpg]

    A site kitchen: 10 seconds
    A main: 11 seconds
    Lower B through CT tunnel: 11 seconds
    Lower B through yard: 12 seconds
    Yard: 6 seconds
    Construction through A: 11 seconds
    Construction through yard: 11 seconds

    As you can see, all the meeting points on the map are reached within around 10-11 seconds, with the exception of yard. The CT's have an advantage of 2-3 seconds on the bombsites of setup time.

  • jackophant
    • July 29, 2015 at 12:03 PM
    • #4

    if you use "bot_show_battlefront 1" you can see all the contact points across your map. help paints a picture of the CT/T map control divide across the map!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

Register Yourself Login
Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Radu
    October 1, 2026 at 7:05 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM

Users Viewing This Thread

  • 1 Guest
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™