1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
This Thread
  • Everywhere
  • This Thread
  • This Forum
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Discussions
  3. Level Design

cs_highrise

  • mantis54
  • July 21, 2015 at 11:31 PM
  • mantis54
    • July 21, 2015 at 11:31 PM
    • #1

    This is cs_highrise and my submission for this contest. I have been working on this map for a while and would appreciate any feedback. I will add a few more things to this map such as more props, but I consider the map done.

    Workshop Link

    A group of terrorists have taken hostages on the top floors of an partially completed high rise building. A group of counter-terrorists have been dispatched to the building to get in and rescue the hostages.

    I consider this map to be a competitively viable cs_ map for many reasons:

    1. The map plays like a de_ map. There is a mid, two direct paths to the objective, and many other attack angles.
    2. The hostages are spread out. This means that the T's will have to spread out to cover the hostages.
    3. Getting the hostage out is easier that getting to the hostage. The ropes in the lobby are a quick way to get to the roof and .

  • jackophant
    • July 22, 2015 at 1:49 PM
    • #2

    I think you've got quite a lot to do before you can say this is done. There doesn't seem to be any variation in wall thickness, and it's generally quite blocky... one could say quite 1.6?

    The props you do have rattle around large empty rooms.

  • mantis54
    • July 22, 2015 at 11:15 PM
    • #3
    Quote from jackophant

    I think you've got quite a lot to do before you can say this is done. There doesn't seem to be any variation in wall thickness, and it's generally quite blocky... one could say quite 1.6?

    The props you do have rattle around large empty rooms.

    Thank you for your feedback.

    I've done a lot of changes to the props on the map. The conference center now feels like an actual conference room, due to chairs and other decorations. I also overhauled the bathroom by adding stalls. I split each apartment in to different sections by adding some walls. So now the beds have a place where they would most likely go instead of being randomly placed. Additionally, most of the new walls can be wallbanged.

    I am committed to making this map better and will keep working on it and updating it.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

Register Yourself Login
Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Radu
    October 1, 2026 at 7:05 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM

Users Viewing This Thread

  • 1 Guest
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™