1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
This Thread
  • Everywhere
  • This Thread
  • This Forum
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Discussions
  3. Level Design

Texture organisation

  • biXen
  • July 19, 2015 at 3:46 PM
  • biXen
    • July 19, 2015 at 3:46 PM
    • #1

    Hi,

    I wonder if anyone knows of or uses any tools for organizing their texture library. Over the years I have gotten a lot of free to use texture packs, have downloaded a lot at different places and made stuff myself. But if there's no quick way to find something it's almost impossible to use any of it.

    Was thinking of using lightroom, but it's not spot on for what I need I think. Should be easy to add stuff, with also variations for each texture (for normals, bump etc.). And obviously good fast search for finding stuff.

  • kikette
    • July 19, 2015 at 5:46 PM
    • #2

    Personnaly, since we've a pro account at work, I prefer to download textures each time I need them instead of keeping Tones of useless materials.

    What I do is just keeping the base materials I did for my props.. stuff I worked on and wich are Ready to use =)

    Btw, if you are looking for a filtering software, you can try Picasa.. lot of Env art mate are using this one =)

  • biXen
    • July 20, 2015 at 9:27 AM
    • #3

    Yeah I guess that works too. I have terabytes of space though, so I'd much prefer to have a library of things I know works, and preferably know where I got them from. I will check out Picasa, it's been a while.

  • Pampers
    • July 20, 2015 at 11:20 AM
    • #4

    Adobe Bridge is pretty neat sometimes

  • Buddy
    • July 20, 2015 at 1:22 PM
    • #5

    http://www.cgtextures.com :D

  • Pampers
    • July 20, 2015 at 2:19 PM
    • #6

    hey bb gief account xoxo

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

Register Yourself Login
Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™