1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
This Thread
  • Everywhere
  • This Thread
  • This Forum
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Discussions
  3. Level Design

[WIP] de_poula

  • blackjet2050
  • June 15, 2015 at 7:20 PM
  • blackjet2050
    • June 15, 2015 at 7:20 PM
    • #1

    Hey guys, M33haN and I are working on a Castle + Village type map for about 9 months now.

    Lore:

    Find yourself fighting over a castle in the port area of Poula where once a small roman garrison was once located. Rebuilt for defensive purposes in the 17th century, it now serves as the battlefield for the National Gendarmerie Intervention Group to defend a crucial position in the new war that is raging in eastern europe.

    WORKSHOP PAGE

    If you want to give us feedback please comment here or on the workshop page!

  • jackophant
    • July 28, 2015 at 3:05 PM
    • #2

    The whole map looks a little busy, and the theme is definitely confused. That yellow lighting under the bridge is way off as well.

    Unless the gameplay is perfect you might have some pretty expensive changes to make!

  • M33haN
    • July 29, 2015 at 4:32 PM
    • #3
    Quote from jackophant

    The whole map looks a little busy, and the theme is definitely confused. That yellow lighting under the bridge is way off as well.

    Unless the gameplay is perfect you might have some pretty expensive changes to make!Hi

    Hi, thanks alot for the feedback jackophant. This is my first map and I am not very experienced with level design, etc. , but I am learning. I have since updated the map to try to get a more uniform theme throughout. The setting is supposed to be based off Pula, a town in Croatia with a Venetian fort at the centre. Are there any parts in particular where you think it is too busy or not in line with the theme? Thx for any help :D

    A long/CT

    A site


    View from B house

    Connector

    Fountain


  • wylde
    • July 29, 2015 at 5:15 PM
    • #4

    Your new screenshots look much better! I haven't run around the level yet, but you've really improved on the theme, brushwork, and detailing. The one thing that really bothers me from the screenshots is the cardboard box on that small ramp in B house. Props on the floor in people's way just reminds me of CS Source. I'll try to add more feedback when I can play it though. Keep it up!

  • M33haN
    • July 29, 2015 at 7:42 PM
    • #5

    Thanks for the feedback wylde. The box is on top of the static filing cabinet in the editor, but it is a prop_physics_multiplayer so I think it just falls off. I will try to tweak it so it stays on top. I have also just uploaded the newer version to the main workshop file so you should be able to test it now. There is a radar, but I have a feeling that is it off by a bit. I must have used the wrong coordinates. Any feedback would be appreciated and thanks for the encouragement! :)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

Register Yourself Login
Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™