1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
This Thread
  • Everywhere
  • This Thread
  • This Forum
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Discussions
  3. Level Design

[CS:GO] DE_LITE

  • cashed
  • May 31, 2015 at 7:34 PM
  • Vaya
    • April 21, 2016 at 8:46 AM
    • #41

    I would like to see this one progressed as a night map. would give the map a USP - as long as the playing area is kept well lit!

    maybe something like this?

    http://media.gettyimages.com/photos/gas-fla…ure-id117453187

    http://media.gettyimages.com/photos/oil-ref…ure-id169938796

    http://www.gettyimages.co.uk/detail/photo/c…image/117146514

  • cashed
    • April 21, 2016 at 3:19 PM
    • #42

    @Vaya that was the plan

  • Vaya
    • April 21, 2016 at 3:34 PM
    • #43

    go for it! :) someone needs to show it's fully possible to make a nightmap with good vis.

  • CubeEON
    • April 21, 2016 at 9:06 PM
    • #44

    Already seems very cool, but adding a little bit more detail would be nice, but i think this is already planned.

    and i would really like to see a night map in Matchmaking at any given time

  • cashed
    • May 2, 2016 at 6:34 PM
    • #45

    I've updated the workshop file if anyone wants to give it a run around and provide some feedback.

    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/fi…s/?id=632040311

  • Vaya
    • May 2, 2016 at 8:30 PM
    • #46

    (I'll pretext this by saying I don't think I ever played the original- so if any of this stuff is a 'feature' of the layout feel free to ignore)

    • Theme is a bit overdone but it's been really well implemented here. Map looks great and in general has a good flow to it but I still think it needs a stronger USP.
    • Some areas feel quite claustrophobic- CT spawn for example. I would remove the CT truck from this area at least and maybe add some sort of trick jump over the railing for CTs. I'm sure you'll agree players should have a clear path to different areas of the map on spawn but this currently isn't the case
    • I'd avoid any cars as cover. collision boxes cause aneurysms
  • cashed
    • May 2, 2016 at 8:44 PM
    • #47

    Good points, CT will get a little larger, specifically around the Garage. I'm looking to replace this with something better. I really want some areas to feel claustrophobic but not constraining; then open up to where it counts. The 1.6 versions CT spawn was much small and the truck use to be a building. (see image) I find the collision on the truck pretty good as the angles are sharp. And yes there will be a trick jump for CTs ;)

    [Blocked Image: http://tsarvar.com/maps/cs1.6/de_lite/3.jpg]

  • cashed
    • May 7, 2016 at 6:09 PM
    • #48

    Ladder Room

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/SCpu9f6.jpg]

    CT Spawn update

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/S9ZjRMI.jpg]

  • lynx
    • May 7, 2016 at 6:29 PM
    • #49

    Wow, looks great. Just make sure to diversify the colours to make callouts easier. e.g "blue" or "red" are intuitive callouts. :)

  • Mehvix
    • May 8, 2016 at 2:47 AM
    • #50

    What ever you do, please don't make it like newke (lots of little things poking out from walls that dont have clipping on them ;) )


    Also, adding skylights on the ceiling with the combination of smoke stacks in the background would allow easier smokes and flashes, much like in de_season.

  • blackdog
    • May 10, 2016 at 1:10 AM
    • #51

    No more night setting or still testing the alternatives?

  • Fa GuAn
    • May 10, 2016 at 12:45 PM
    • #52

    inside ladder room those pipes can u jump on each then trick jump to catwalk that would be sick asf*** looks amazing tbh maybe you should have some areas grungy and not so spic and spam as newk like some rust on pipes of older areas of the factory and of course have new area just a thought keep it up man!

  • cashed
    • May 10, 2016 at 4:06 PM
    • #53

    @Fa GuAn I'll be going through once everything is done and making it more run down. Just getting things organized first.

    @blackdog I'm still testing daytime. It's less work atm to get it functioning and playable. Will explore nighttime if it doesn't impact this.

  • RealaxFourX
    • May 10, 2016 at 7:31 PM
    • #54

    Are those two walls, I marked in red, models?

    Is there any way to see the map in game? I would love to see how de_lite cs:go version is going.

  • cashed
    • May 10, 2016 at 11:59 PM
    • #55

    @RealaxFourX workshop link is in 1st post. I try to update it weekly

  • RealaxFourX
    • May 11, 2016 at 2:57 PM
    • #56
    Quote from cashed

    14 hours ago, cashed said: @RealaxFourX workshop link is in 1st post. I try to update it weekly

    The workshop link doesn't work.

  • El_Exodus
    • May 11, 2016 at 3:01 PM
    • #57
    Quote from RealaxFourX

    4 minutes ago, RealaxFourX said: The workshop link doesn't work.

    Try this one: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/fi…s/?id=632040311

  • cashed
    • May 11, 2016 at 5:02 PM
    • #58

    thx @El_Exodus

  • RealaxFourX
    • May 11, 2016 at 10:02 PM
    • #59
    Quote from cashed

    5 hours ago, cashed said: thx @El_Exodus

    I gave it a look, sadly I didn't see the part I was interested the most, it didn't have those fancy textures, models .


    I had a run on your map and I have noticed, that there are many places, there is a huge fps drop. Usually on official competitive matches I manage to get 30-35 as average in your map I had from 120 to 22 fps. You should optimise this areas the most:


    And why is there a huge playable space under your level? Seal it off as I doubt it would have any purposes.

  • cashed
    • May 11, 2016 at 10:30 PM
    • #60

    hehe

    I'm compiling in Cordon mode still. Optimization will be worked on when the art and layout are in good shape. Hence the bad performance. Ill get a compile up soon of the latest updates.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

Register Yourself Login
Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM

Users Viewing This Thread

  • 1 Guest
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™