1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
This Thread
  • Everywhere
  • This Thread
  • This Forum
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Discussions
  3. Creative Chat

Overlay Bug?

  • Vorontsov
  • May 4, 2015 at 3:55 PM
  • Vorontsov
    • May 4, 2015 at 3:55 PM
    • #1

    Fixed, texture lock wasn't on natively after a fresh install for some reaosn.


    Shift-L or under the tools tab "texture lock"

  • Vorontsov
    • May 4, 2015 at 6:26 PM
    • #2

    Bump, I still have no idea why it tiles upon making it bigger or crops upon making it smaller. Volvo / Volvocore pls fix

  • DrywallDreams
    • May 4, 2015 at 6:55 PM
    • #3

    In the overlay's properties (on my phone, might not be totally accurate), set U start to 0, U end to 1, V start to 0, and V end to 1. Or maybe set scale to 1? I can't fully remember how decals surface UV info.

  • Vorontsov
    • May 4, 2015 at 7:20 PM
    • #4
    Quote from DrywallDreams

    In the overlay's properties (on my phone, might not be totally accurate), set U start to 0, U end to 1, V start to 0, and V end to 1. Or maybe set scale to 1? I can't fully remember how decals surface UV info.


    I discovered that it's not only overlays, for some reason if I put some texture on a brush with an X texture in the middle for example and I move it the left, the X will be locked in the position it originally was an move the rest of the texture accordingly

  • DrywallDreams
    • May 4, 2015 at 8:16 PM
    • #5
    Quote from Vorontsov

    I discovered that it's not only overlays, for some reason if I put some texture on a brush with an X texture in the middle for example and I move it the left, the X will be locked in the position it originally was an move the rest of the texture accordingly

    That's texture lock, just hit the "tl" button on the top bar in Hammer.

  • Vorontsov
    • May 4, 2015 at 9:53 PM
    • #6
    Quote from DrywallDreams

    That's texture lock, just hit the "tl" button on the top bar in Hammer.


    Isn't it supposed to be on by default? I reinstalled hammer after a new clean install of Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

Register Yourself Login
Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™