1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
This Thread
  • Everywhere
  • This Thread
  • This Forum
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Discussions
  3. Level Design

[CSGO][WIP] Venice

  • ozzion
  • April 9, 2015 at 9:50 PM
  • ozzion
    • April 9, 2015 at 9:50 PM
    • #1

    This is my map, de_venice. It's mostly dev textures and brushes at the moment.


    Here's the map file, packed with minimap and nav file (although all the bots kill themselves every round): https://www.dropbox.com/s/c67t2gk456rja3v/avenice.bsp?dl=0


    EDIT: I forgot to post the overview!


    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/4NHEbzN.jpg]


    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/Bl9AvAQ.jpg][Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/hpGRU94.jpg]


    More images in this album.


    You can post any other thoughts you had while playing here! I really appreciate it.

  • jackophant
    • April 10, 2015 at 1:04 AM
    • #2

    you've got a T spawn outside bomb site A and you've got a very OP angle from CT spawn all the way down mid at the 64 unit head level which urgently need fixing.


    A has a lot of long angles through it and CTs can watch entry almost from their spawn.

  • Muffin
    • April 10, 2015 at 5:29 AM
    • #3

    I agree with Jackophant. I think you should give T's room to work with and decent cover before actually being contested at the bombsites.

  • jackophant
    • April 10, 2015 at 9:59 AM
    • #4

    Also, why is the water solid and yellow?


    I don't know how it affects performance, but one huge brush as a water texture might cause problems. Can I suggest extending your buildings/floors/walls to the bottom of your map and build an actual waterway?


    It would look a lot nicer as well.


    You also have a little window on the way to B, but I'm not sure of the purpose? The closest I could come up with is that it's an after plant position.


    Again with A, I like the way Ts can split around it, and the sight lines are interesting but too OP atm. I would probably remove the upper balcony area, or at least bring it down much lower, around 100 units or so.


    I'd have given more at the time, but I was too tired

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

Register Yourself Login
Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™