1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
This Thread
  • Everywhere
  • This Thread
  • This Forum
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Discussions
  3. Level Design

Recruiting for making best map ever

  • text_fish
  • March 22, 2015 at 2:19 PM
  • text_fish
    • March 22, 2015 at 2:19 PM
    • #1

    I need to create a team of roughly ten mappers and artists to create the best cs:go map ever, based off on this reference image:


    [Blocked Image: https://images-ext-1.discordapp.net/external/KzJosAhddRlkDo5KHs8pXd6hhLGMzdeL7Q8dn1PmySI/https/i.imgur.com/O8ThKb2.jpg?width=677&height=670]


    The map will be combining hostage rescue with the demolition mode. It will feature 20 bombsites, and every building will have a hostage inside apart from the cathedral. CT will have to take hostages to cathedral for rescue and T's will have to drive boat to island and plant at one of the 20 bombsites.


    I think this idea is good because it's cool. It will definitely get in an operation. I emailed CS:GO dev team and they did not disagree.


    I can't offer anybody any money, but full credit will be given in notepad documentation included in with map zip. I will take role of ideas man in this project, partly because I have a lot of ideas for bombsites (20, to be precise).


    Can you all help?

  • tomm
    • March 22, 2015 at 2:45 PM
    • #2

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/ucdtQYJ.gif]

  • Squad
    • March 22, 2015 at 4:18 PM
    • #3

    Where do I apply?

  • kaenze
    • March 22, 2015 at 4:46 PM
    • #4

    siiiiick... i wana help!!!

  • RivFader
    • March 22, 2015 at 6:13 PM
    • #5

    Can I provide more ideas? Only 1 ideas guy seems a bit lackluster compared to 10 artists and 10 mappers.I bring cookies, too.

  • text_fish
    • March 22, 2015 at 6:39 PM
    • #6

    Guys please, give me some space, please. This is all geting a bit much for me, so I nominated FMpone to take over project lead. PM him if you want to join team OK?

  • unremarkable player
    • March 22, 2015 at 11:30 PM
    • #7

    How would this even play? 20 bombsites? An unknown number of hostages? Yikes. It's something that might work in battlefield with 60 players on the map playing control points, but I don't see how it could work in CS:GO with 10, or even 20 players.


    It might be something fun to make.


    You might want to clarify that Mont Saint-Michel isn't actually an island; the jut of land was inundated by a super tide that's subsiding.


    Quote

    [Blocked Image: https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/01/7b/21/017b21d155cfbbec912e114195c8692e.jpg][Blocked Image: http://en.location-camping-cars.com/usermedia/photo-634885948210398498-1.jpg?dummy=0&h=800][Blocked Image: http://addlaseyne.free.fr/etoiles/ImgChp1/Grand/8_Mont_St_Michel.jpg][Blocked Image: https://travellingcoyote.files.wordpress.com/2013/03/mont-saint-michel-a18673371.jpg]


    It would take, in CS:GO terms, approximately 15 minutes to run around the island, if the map is made to scale.


    Optimisation is going to be a nightmare.

  • FMPONE
    • March 22, 2015 at 11:41 PM
    • #8

    Press f10 to generate this map

  • unremarkable player
    • March 22, 2015 at 11:53 PM
    • #9

    I think that if you took a slice and made it a single hostage rescue map, it would be pretty nice.

  • Guest
    • March 22, 2015 at 11:55 PM
    • #10

    And... it's all destructible! And there's helicopters!

  • Vilham
    • March 23, 2015 at 12:17 AM
    • #11

    text_fish, I think valve might give you access to source2 as this is such a good idea.

  • El_Exodus
    • March 23, 2015 at 12:39 AM
    • #12

    Each CT defending 4 bombsites while having a hostage on the back seems so good! Shut up and take my money!

  • TheGuma
    • March 23, 2015 at 1:13 AM
    • #13

    So when are we going to start? Should we set up a graybox first? I'll be in charge of roads and lighting. Hopefully you guys can take care of models.

  • flexsta
    • March 23, 2015 at 8:14 AM
    • #14

    I think you guys need to be careful, I mean this seems like a really generic concept, can't even explain how many times I've seen these types of maps.
    Maybe you guys should try something different, like, a three lane map with a lot of connectors? - It just seems like a waste of talent to make this kind of map when you could try an make something new!

  • Vaya
    • March 23, 2015 at 8:32 AM
    • #15

    I can fund this project. You take CSGO keys right?

  • Pampers
    • March 23, 2015 at 10:19 AM
    • #16

    I heard volvo is already doing this map with their top 'idea guys'

  • unremarkable player
    • March 23, 2015 at 11:29 AM
    • #17

    I'd love to see this get made, but realistically you're looking at probably 2 years work and thousands of man hours to get it presentable. Grey boxing alone would take up to 2 months, whilst carving and layout changes would probably take another 2-3 months on top of that.


    Interesting concept, could be visually amazing.

  • WD
    • March 23, 2015 at 2:51 PM
    • #18

    I sure hope you get people to do this. A guarateed spot for the next operation is a tough deal to miss.

  • esspho
    • March 23, 2015 at 3:16 PM
    • #19

    [Blocked Image: http://www.quickmeme.com/img/79/79cc3e6b891567444ebc7822548e277d16eb0c94870887d3c5915223c859d9f7.jpg]

  • jackophant
    • March 23, 2015 at 3:55 PM
    • #20

    maybe if we make sure we only use the carve tool to create our brushwork, it can be completed much more quickly to a very high quality.


    carve cylinder out of middle of sphere? HNNNNNNNGGGGGGGG

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

Register Yourself Login
Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM

Users Viewing This Thread

  • 2 Guests
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™