1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
This Thread
  • Everywhere
  • This Thread
  • This Forum
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Discussions
  3. Level Design

[CSGO] surf_edge (help)

  • fr3shz
  • March 20, 2015 at 11:22 PM
  • fr3shz
    • March 20, 2015 at 11:22 PM
    • #1

    Hey guys,


    I recently started this surf map project (http://imgur.com/a/ayf6Y), which is also my very first map.

    It's been going great until I ran into this weird shadow on certain parts of the map. I made a short clip to showcase the issue.


    External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

    So far I've tried a bunch of things, including everything I could find on google, without success. The only thing that actually does affect the shadow

    is when I change the angles of the light_env. But that's just gonna make the shadow pop up at different places.


    At first I thought it might be other brushworks above this area that's causing the shadow, but using cordon bounds to just compile this specific room,

    I could rule it out. I've also tried the info_no_dynamic_shadow entity which didn't do anything either.


    I was hoping one of you guys might be able to help me out on this, because it's really draining on my motivation right now.


    Cheers.

  • Klems
    • March 20, 2015 at 11:34 PM
    • #2

    This probably have to do with the cascaded shadows (sun shadows), you can tell because of the square around the camera.

    Add an env_cascade_light into your map and try tweaking its values.

  • fr3shz
    • March 20, 2015 at 11:43 PM
    • #3

    Oh wow! You're a life-saver. That actually worked like a charm, thank you so much!

  • flexsta
    • March 21, 2015 at 11:57 AM
    • #4

    Looks super slick! - have I seen some of those textures in de_season?

  • fr3shz
    • March 21, 2015 at 12:38 PM
    • #5

    Yup, the gridwall texture on the ramps, the glass and the metal outline texture are from the new de_season.

    When I first saw the new season I thought someone should make a surf map with those textures. Didn't think it

    was gonna be me tho ;o

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

Register Yourself Login
Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Radu
    October 1, 2026 at 7:05 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™