1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
This Thread
  • Everywhere
  • This Thread
  • This Forum
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Discussions
  3. Level Design

Model lighting errors

  • Bic-B@ll
  • March 15, 2005 at 3:03 AM
  • Bic-B@ll
    • March 15, 2005 at 3:03 AM
    • #1

    I've been trying to solve this problem for a while now; basically, I'm having an issue with models not being at the proper brightness. If I put a light next to a model, and the light has say, 200 brightness, the model will show up as very dark (not black, but way too dark). I've tried many things, I've move the light completely out of the model, made the light a light spot and targeted the model, used a tex light, put the light above, below, next to, exactly on the origin, moved the model away from the walls (the origin is not in or on a wall) etc, I just can't get many models to light properly, does anyone have a solution for this? I can post some screen shots if necessary.

    edit: this is hl1

  • OL
    • March 15, 2005 at 5:24 AM
    • #2

    the model gets its brightness from the brush it is closest to i think so just light teh floor under it nice n bright and it should work

  • Bic-B@ll
    • March 15, 2005 at 5:36 AM
    • #3

    Apparently not, the lights above the models are uber bright, you can see how bright the terrain is around the gates, and this is a dusk map. The top of the pillars are textured and stuff too.

    [Blocked Image: http://www.zeroproof.com/bicball/lighting_error.jpg]

  • von*ferret
    • March 15, 2005 at 6:40 AM
    • #4

    your origin may possibly be in brushwork. Dunno if that'll work or not.

  • Bic-B@ll
    • March 15, 2005 at 6:06 PM
    • #5
    Quote from Bic-B@ll

    (the origin is not in or on a wall)

    :~ (if the origin is in the brush the model wont show at all)

  • von*ferret
    • March 15, 2005 at 7:06 PM
    • #6

    heh I was drunk when I posted that, forgive me.

  • Bic-B@ll
    • March 15, 2005 at 9:26 PM
    • #7

    are you ever not drunk?

    here are some pics:

    [Blocked Image: http://www.zeroproof.com/bicball/lighting_errors_2.jpg]

    all of these do not light up when in game

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

Register Yourself Login
Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™