1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
This Thread
  • Everywhere
  • This Thread
  • This Forum
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Discussions
  3. Level Design

Wall Worm Updates for better Animated Models

  • shawnolson
  • October 31, 2014 at 5:53 PM
  • shawnolson
    • October 31, 2014 at 5:53 PM
    • #1

    Wall Worm 2.331 was released yesterday. The update has important changes to the way the SMD exporter works. It will now export bone systems in a more expected manner with less need for the user to understand the way the nodes/transforms have to be setup for WW. In the past, many hierarchies could get bad transformations if the nodes added to a WWMT Helper (or SMD Exporter) were not set up a specific way or added in a certain order.


    In all the tests I came across with many user-supplied files, this update solves all the problems I could solve automatically.


    So hopefully this will make exported animated models less of a hassle.


    I also need to clarify something that has been noted in the past but not made explicit enough: the WW SMD Exporter fully supports only 3ds Max 2014+. This is because when Max 2014 came out the methods for interacting with Skin modifier data was drastically altered. When I added support for 2014 I inadvertently broke the older versions of Max. By the time I figured this out, there had already been many layers of changes... and I have never had an incentive to go back and fix those. So if you find that models with Skin modifier export with incorrect bone weighting, it is probably because you are using an older version of Max. I recommend getting Max 2014/2015 (as they are much more stable and fast than 2012 which is what so many Source modders seem to be stuck on.)


    I have updated the docs on Exporting CAT and Biped Models to reflect the current version of WW.


    Please report any bugs you happen to find.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

Register Yourself Login
Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™