1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
This Thread
  • Everywhere
  • This Thread
  • This Forum
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Vault
  3. Past Contests
  4. Quake 3 15th Anniversary Contest

"Skybridge" by Andrew Seyko (Shattered Fortress)

  • Shattered Fortress
  • October 19, 2014 at 7:33 PM
  • Shattered Fortress
    • October 19, 2014 at 7:33 PM
    • #1

    Count me in. I cannot believe Quake 3 is 15 years old. I used to play Quake 3 in High School all the time. That said, I have not played it in years. The weeks since being announced, I have mostly spent re-acquainting myself with Quake 3, studying the included maps and what elements work well. The last week I have been drawing up some sketches and white boarding some ideas on a high level, also spending time learning Radiant. WHITE BOARD IMAGE [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/z3bGzVy.jpg] I have set some High Level goals in mind for Skybridge. Circular Layout. The map should flow well and avoid dead ends.Loose triangle of 3 unique areasOne strong Central ElementPlayer OrientationWeapon/Pickup and Map Control I am currently still working on the first iteration, and will post the map file later in the week. Here are some WIP screens. Updates will likely be on weekends, as that is when I will have to most time available. [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/op0aowF.jpg] [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/q9zArZj.jpg] [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/ovNbSPe.jpg] [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/LEsDszI.jpg] A central Control Tower/Center in the middle is the likely central element. The 3 major elements are going to be a Transit Hub, Dock area, and Processing Terminal.

  • Takkie
    • October 20, 2014 at 5:27 AM
    • #2

    Looks promising!

  • voyager
    • October 20, 2014 at 8:23 AM
    • #3

    I'm look forward for release version!

  • Sprony
    • November 10, 2014 at 4:01 PM
    • #4
    Quote from Shattered Fortress

    Count me in. I cannot believe Quake 3 is 15 years old. I used to play Quake 3 in High School all the time. That said, I have not played it in years. The weeks since being announced, I have mostly spent re-acquainting myself with Quake 3, studying the included maps and what elements work well. The last week I have been drawing up some sketches and white boarding some ideas on a high level, also spending time learning Radiant. WHITE BOARD IMAGE [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/z3bGzVy.jpg] I have set some High Level goals in mind for Skybridge. Circular Layout. The map should flow well and avoid dead ends.Loose triangle of 3 unique areasOne strong Central ElementPlayer OrientationWeapon/Pickup and Map Control I am currently still working on the first iteration, and will post the map file later in the week. Here are some WIP screens. Updates will likely be on weekends, as that is when I will have to most time available. [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/op0aowF.jpg] [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/q9zArZj.jpg] [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/ovNbSPe.jpg] [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/LEsDszI.jpg] A central Control Tower/Center in the middle is the likely central element. The 3 major elements are going to be a Transit Hub, Dock area, and Processing Terminal.


    How are things progressing?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

Register Yourself Login
Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™