1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
This Thread
  • Everywhere
  • This Thread
  • This Forum
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Discussions
  3. Off-Topic

Fallout 3 is ruined.

  • st0lve
  • January 23, 2005 at 1:09 PM
  • st0lve
    • January 23, 2005 at 1:09 PM
    • #1

    I found this over at NMA-Fallout

    Its a topic about some Fallout 3 screenshots, which look, err, mega super hyper crappy?

    Even if its just a mock up its still pure shit.

    How can FO3 ever have compitition with all of the new games around if its going to look like its made in the middle of the 80s? Its just sick that they can have something THAT crappy.

    Its the PS2/XBOX one, not the PC one, but I doubt that they'll redo it for PC anyway.

    Now I really hope that Bethesda will just give the FO license away, since those screens are MAJOR crap.

    Pictures

    What do you think about it?

  • JAL
    • January 23, 2005 at 1:31 PM
    • #2

    Looks like fallout in quake 2 engine

  • ShaDoW
    • January 23, 2005 at 2:04 PM
    • #3

    That's not Fallout 3, that's Fallout for PS2 by Bethesda.

  • Marcos
    • January 23, 2005 at 2:13 PM
    • #4

    you honestly beleive that fallout3 will look like this?

  • ShaDoW
    • January 23, 2005 at 3:25 PM
    • #5

    This is how Fallout 3 really looks.

    http://%7boption%7d

  • Mazy
    • January 23, 2005 at 4:14 PM
    • #6

    WHAT

    THE

    FUUUUUUCK!?!!

    fuck thats horrible D:

    i seriously hope they do a good game for pc

    those characters, it looks like some unreal game, fucking behtehehda tards

  • skdr
    • January 23, 2005 at 4:17 PM
    • #7

    Fallout 3 is cancelled if I remember correctly...

  • st0lve
    • January 23, 2005 at 4:44 PM
    • #8
    Quote from skdr

    Fallout 3 is cancelled if I remember correctly...

    plz tell me that they do not have internets\news in finland Interplay sold the license to Bethesda, which looks like a huge mistake.

  • xempest
    • January 23, 2005 at 4:45 PM
    • #9
    Quote from Mazy

    fucking behtehehda tards

    Awww, they're about 15 minutes away from me... don't forget what ES4 is looking like-

    [Blocked Image: http://static.bethsoft.com/images/games/g…_obliv_02-B.jpg]

    http://%7boption%7d

  • skdr
    • January 23, 2005 at 5:17 PM
    • #10
    Quote from st0lve

    plz tell me that they do not have internets\news in finland Interplay sold the license to Bethesda, which looks like a huge mistake.

    I didnt know that When did this happen? Maybe I was serving the country while all the good stuff happened

  • st0lve
    • January 23, 2005 at 5:31 PM
    • #11
    Quote from skdr

    plz tell me that they do not have internets\news in finland Interplay sold the license to Bethesda, which looks like a huge mistake.

    I didnt know that When did this happen? Maybe I was serving the country while all the good stuff happened

    how dare you call it "good stuff"?Troika didn't get it, Bethesda got it which is prolly the worst thing that have ever happed to the FO games.

    xemp, it doesn't matter how good morrowind looks, its FO we are talking about here, which is ALOT more important!

  • Marcos
    • January 23, 2005 at 5:56 PM
    • #12

    Thats Obvilion, not Morrowind.

    I think you guys should relax abit, lay back and see how the game turns out. Beth has only worked on it for some months...

    But I agree that the curent status dosn't look good

  • ShaDoW
    • January 23, 2005 at 6:27 PM
    • #13

    Has anyone been reading my posts ?

    Fallout is in great hands, Bethesda has been creating role playing games since most of you were still hanging on your mothers tiet. Also, Fallout 3 is not what st0lve has been showing you. Take a good look at NMA-Fallout for actual screenshots.

    There are 2 versions in progress, both by Bethesda. One, is Fallout for PS2. With this they are simply trying to bring a younger generation of gamers a new style on Fallout. Second version in progress, is Fallout 3. This has the exact same look and feel Fallout 1 & 2 had. Same interface, same style, etc... However, the graphics has been more polished as you can see here; http://%7boption%7d. The animations are real-time, bullets react to the environment, etc...

    Don't worry, the game will be fine.

  • st0lve
    • January 23, 2005 at 6:30 PM
    • #14

    That is not Bethesdas work, its IPLYs work shadow.

    And fallout should stay like it was, and not be turned into some unreal rpg...

  • ShaDoW
    • January 23, 2005 at 6:34 PM
    • #15

    Yeah, good thing they aren't screwing up Fallout 3 with that unreal style.

    Wasn't Troika working on a great post-nuclear RPG à la Fallout as well?

  • st0lve
    • January 23, 2005 at 6:39 PM
    • #16
    Quote from ShaDoW

    Yeah, good thing they aren't screwing up Fallout 3 with that unreal style.Wasn't Troika working on a great post-nuclear RPG à la Fallout as well?

    They ARE screwing it up, thats my point.It got a shiney armour in an post apocalyptic setting, now thats dumb.

    <3 TROIKA LUUUUUUUUUUUUUUV

    They atleast got some SEXY looking WIP screens. Lets just hope they will make it as an full game (since its just an tech demo atm. (if I got it right)).

    Got any info Zaphod?

  • Mazy
    • January 23, 2005 at 6:54 PM
    • #17

    whats the point in aquring the fallout license if you're gonna do stuff like this that has almost nothing to do with the original fallout games?

  • insta
    • January 23, 2005 at 7:12 PM
    • #18
    Quote from Mazy

    whats the point in aquring the fallout license if you're gonna do stuff like this that has almost nothing to do with the original fallout games?

    Slap the familiar name on the end-product, sell lots of copies.

  • st0lve
    • January 24, 2005 at 4:33 PM
    • #19
    Quote from Pete

    These are not Fallout 3 screens. I'm pretty sure they're screens from FOBOS, but I'm not sure as I don't know where they came from.No, I don't know why GameSpot posted these as PS2 Fallout (working title) screens.

    No, I don't know why our name is associated with them.

    No, I am not quitting, I'm hiring help.

    I think that should cover it.

    Thank god.Pete is a guy from Bethesda...

  • OL
    • January 25, 2005 at 4:49 AM
    • #20
    Quote from st0lve

    <3 TROIKA LUUUUUUUUUUUUUUV

    They atleast got some SEXY looking WIP screens. Lets just hope they will make it as an full game (since its just an tech demo atm. (if I got it right)).

    Got any info Zaphod?

    didnt you hear.... troika layed off all its employees so last i heard zap was unemployed and troika is in a pit

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

Register Yourself Login
Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM

Users Viewing This Thread

  • 2 Guests
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™