1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
This Thread
  • Everywhere
  • This Thread
  • This Forum
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Discussions
  3. Off-Topic

Dead Island 2

  • penE
  • August 11, 2014 at 4:48 PM
  • penE
    • August 11, 2014 at 4:48 PM
    • #1

    Gamescom trailer arrived .


    External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

  • dux
    • August 11, 2014 at 4:59 PM
    • #2

    The melee combat looks like the best I've ever seen. God I hope this is as good as it looks in the trailer.

  • blackdog
    • August 11, 2014 at 5:53 PM
    • #3

    And of course most exotic weapons are locked by preorder-dlc.

    Surprised this is by Yager this time!

    Looking good! I'm curious about the engine.

  • Daze
    • August 11, 2014 at 6:12 PM
    • #4

    The engine is UE4.


    Go YAGER!

  • blackdog
    • August 11, 2014 at 6:18 PM
    • #5

    I'd say impressive display!

    Is it really gonna be an island? Because it looks just set on a piece of the coast.

  • Sprony
    • August 11, 2014 at 10:36 PM
    • #6

    This looks like the kind of game I could use when needing to unwind after a day of bullshit. Bloodtastic really

  • r1ar
    • August 11, 2014 at 11:31 PM
    • #7

    Cool!

  • Puddy
    • August 12, 2014 at 10:13 AM
    • #8

    The art style looks really good and fitting! Nice to see some pretty vibrant colours every now and again. However, I gotta say that I generally like my zombie-games to be slightly more "serious" in tone. But I might make an exception for this.

  • Beck
    • August 12, 2014 at 10:27 AM
    • #9

    I'm the same as Puddy. Generally like my zombie games to be a bit more "realistic" and such.


    I did Enjoy Dead Island 1 for a while though and hopefully this one is an improvement over that so it could be good fun! I'm never a fan of crafting silly weapons though. I know some people are but it doesn't appeal to me

  • Em'
    • August 12, 2014 at 10:43 AM
    • #10
    Quote from Beck

    I'm the same as Puddy. Generally like my zombie games to be a bit more "realistic" and such.


    I did Enjoy Dead Island 1 for a while though and hopefully this one is an improvement over that so it could be good fun! I'm never a fan of crafting silly weapons though. I know some people are but it doesn't appeal to me


    Same for me, the lolz-items crafting stopped me during Dead Island 1, I prefer when zombies games are more brutal and serious. But i guess this must result from editors choices who think that gamers are too dumb to enjoy a game without ridiculous effects : Daylight seems to suffer the same syndrom, a great idea poisonned by mainstream features to please the crowd.


    However it might be fun with friends and pretty well done, but i wont play it alone.


    If none of you tried Deadlight, i can definetly recommend it to you : its a 2D platformer, really "simple and basic", but with an awesome execution and ambiance.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

Register Yourself Login
Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM

Users Viewing This Thread

  • 1 Guest
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™