1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
This Thread
  • Everywhere
  • This Thread
  • This Forum
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Discussions
  3. Off-Topic

English game developers

  • D3adlode
  • January 22, 2005 at 7:57 PM
  • D3adlode
    • January 22, 2005 at 7:57 PM
    • #1

    Because I'm aboslutely shite at things like this, I wonder if people can jog my memory as to what games developers there are here. I can think of 'Rage' and 'Core Design' but that's it. Reason I ask is enquiring about jobs stuff, not necessarily for employment but perhaps for some advice for the future, I don't expect to just get snapped up.

  • jayrabbit
    • January 22, 2005 at 8:12 PM
    • #2

    Rare - the coolest game developers ever!

  • FrieChamp
    • January 22, 2005 at 9:10 PM
    • #3

    Lionhead Studios, Codemasters, Rockstar London

  • KungFuSquirrel
    • January 22, 2005 at 9:21 PM
    • #4

    Splash Damage

  • ReNo
    • January 22, 2005 at 10:27 PM
    • #5

    Rage went bust a while back I'm afraid, and I'm pretty sure that Core are goners as well. There are still a lot around though. You should check out company directories or hiring websites and look for UK companies. For example, look for UK based ones on this list...

    http://www.gamesindustry.biz/directory. ... wse&cat=23

    Up in Scotland we have Rockstar North (GTA games), VIS (State of Emergency), Visual Sciences (F1 games and things) and Real Time Worlds (...I can't remember what they make and their website isn't useful). England has loads around too, from Lionhead and Bizarre Creations to Bits Studios and Elixir.

  • ctswin
    • January 23, 2005 at 12:30 AM
    • #6

    http://forums.3drealms.com/ubbthreads/s ... e=3#762993

  • D3adlode
    • January 23, 2005 at 2:17 AM
    • #7

    Thanks for the replies guys, muchly appreciated.

  • kleinluka
    • January 23, 2005 at 8:56 AM
    • #8

    There's Rockstar Leeds as well.

    And Splash Damage in London

  • Tequila
    • January 23, 2005 at 2:49 PM
    • #9

    I pass Reflections every time I go to Uni on the train, in Newcastle (North East England). Although, after Driver 3...

  • Backslider
    • January 24, 2005 at 12:00 PM
    • #10
    Quote from jayrabbit

    Rare - the coolest game developers ever!

  • W01f
    • January 25, 2005 at 6:39 AM
    • #11
    Quote from jayrabbit

    Rare - the coolest game developers ever!

    Back in the n64 era I wouldn't have laughed at that comment.

  • marque_pierre
    • January 25, 2005 at 8:24 AM
    • #12

    Jump to Gamasutra.com and search for games devs in England...

  • mike-0
    • January 27, 2005 at 11:19 PM
    • #13

    dont forget those dudes who made toy commander, "no cliche"!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

Register Yourself Login
Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™