1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
This Thread
  • Everywhere
  • This Thread
  • This Forum
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Discussions
  3. Level Design

Dedicated modelling programs (Silo, Modo etc.)

  • marque_pierre
  • January 22, 2005 at 7:52 AM
  • marque_pierre
    • January 22, 2005 at 7:52 AM
    • #1

    Do any of you mapcoreans have experience with dedicated modellers, such as Silo or Modo? I kinda like the idea, but for now 3ds Max is where I model 99% of my stuff. But I am not always too keen on Max's texture or animation tools. So to be able to string together a custom pipeline of workflow suited to your need and tastes sounds appealing. Say, modelling in Modo. texturing in ZBrush, animating in XSI, rendering in Mental Ray...

    These new modellers claim to be oh so intuitive and artists friendly, what's your take on that? Yes, I know I need to sit down and spend some quality time with the software. But I don't have that time now, so in preparation, I want to narrow the field of packages down a bit...

    Any takers?

  • OL
    • January 22, 2005 at 8:56 AM
    • #2

    just makes things more complex to switch around... max has everything you need for games.

    modo looks neat, i watched some of their videos but i think its macintosh only. didnt seem to do anything amazing that max couldn't, either.

  • marque_pierre
    • January 22, 2005 at 10:25 AM
    • #3

    What application can truly do what the other big guys can't? I personally feel that these days it is more a case of how fast and easy can you do it, rather than can it be done at all...

  • marque_pierre
    • January 22, 2005 at 4:21 PM
    • #4

    Thanks for sharing Dangerous one.

  • kleinluka
    • January 22, 2005 at 4:34 PM
    • #5

    Z-Brush

  • $poon
    • January 27, 2005 at 6:55 PM
    • #6

    And don't forget Maya. I suppose theres Softimage too, heh heh...'Softimage'....why does that make me laugh?

  • marque_pierre
    • January 27, 2005 at 7:19 PM
    • #7

    Come on Spoon. Maya and XSI are not dedicated modelling tools! They full scale kitchen sink packages.

  • KidDynamite
    • January 27, 2005 at 7:35 PM
    • #8

    ooooooo Modo is mac only? i wanna try!

  • The Postman
    • January 27, 2005 at 7:39 PM
    • #9

    Modo is not mac only. I'm using it right now on my PC

  • OL
    • January 27, 2005 at 8:15 PM
    • #10

    dam u posty

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

Register Yourself Login
Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™