1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
This Thread
  • Everywhere
  • This Thread
  • This Forum
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Discussions
  3. Off-Topic

USB in my monitor?

  • GrayFox
  • January 20, 2005 at 5:48 PM
  • GrayFox
    • January 20, 2005 at 5:48 PM
    • #1

    I just bought a new comp and I noticed that the monitor can be connected to the computer with a USB cable.

    Can someone tell what it does 'cause I don't have a clue...

  • Backslider
    • January 20, 2005 at 5:50 PM
    • #2

    Mabye it can be used as a real heavy flash drive.

  • skdr
    • January 20, 2005 at 6:04 PM
    • #3

    It seems that there is a hub for USB ports in your monitor so you can use external devices easier without attaching the cables to the computer case (back of the case)...

    To make it work, there should be a cable for the monitor so you can use the available ports. It's cool and I'm planning that kind of monitor too. Much easier with flash drives and camera cables...

  • GrayFox
    • January 20, 2005 at 6:15 PM
    • #4

    Oh, yes... ofcourse.

    Thanks for the info.

  • Izuno
    • January 21, 2005 at 2:07 AM
    • #5

    interesting...my monitor at work (17" dell flat panel) has 2 USB ports in the side, but so far i have not been able to recognize any USB device in them, 1.1 or 2.0. I wonder if it is a driver issue.

  • skdr
    • January 21, 2005 at 12:09 PM
    • #6

    Izuno, do you have a usb cable attached from your monitor to your case because those monitor ports doesnt just work with monitors power cable You have to use usb cable from case to monitor so the monitor's own usb hub could work.

  • JynxDaddy
    • January 23, 2005 at 5:06 AM
    • #7

    I'm sure a game designer isnt that stupid.

    Thats something you would ask your grandma.

  • GrayFox
    • January 23, 2005 at 6:51 PM
    • #8
    Quote from skdr

    It seems that there is a hub for USB ports in your monitor so you can use external devices easier without attaching the cables to the computer case (back of the case)...To make it work, there should be a cable for the monitor so you can use the available ports. It's cool and I'm planning that kind of monitor too. Much easier with flash drives and camera cables...

    Ok, I just got home and checked the back of my monitor and there nothing USB related in there except for the one with which the monitor can be connected to the computer...

  • Izuno
    • January 23, 2005 at 11:46 PM
    • #9
    Quote from skdr

    Izuno, do you have a usb cable attached from your monitor to your case because those monitor ports doesnt just work with monitors power cable You have to use usb cable from case to monitor so the monitor's own usb hub could work.

    Ah. Thanks for the explanation. No I don't have such a cable.

  • skdr
    • January 24, 2005 at 12:40 AM
    • #10
    Quote from GrayFox

    Ok, I just got home and checked the back of my monitor and there nothing USB related in there except for the one with which the monitor can be connected to the computer...

    But you have the USB ports in your monitor?

  • Backslider
    • January 24, 2005 at 12:06 PM
    • #11

    I just bought a new comp and I noticed that there is a paper booklet with the words "Monitor Manual" on it.

    Can someone tell what it does 'cause I don't have a clue...

    :wink:

  • DanielAragon
    • January 25, 2005 at 4:47 PM
    • #12

    seriously

  • GrayFox
    • January 26, 2005 at 11:31 AM
    • #13
    Quote from skdr

    Ok, I just got home and checked the back of my monitor and there nothing USB related in there except for the one with which the monitor can be connected to the computer...

    But you have the USB ports in your monitor?

    Just the one port which is different from a normal USB port because the other end of the cable is different...

    And Backslider, I'm not a complete fool, you know... no manual was included.

  • Backslider
    • January 26, 2005 at 1:20 PM
    • #14

    I know, that was a joke.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

Register Yourself Login
Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM

Users Viewing This Thread

  • 1 Guest
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™