1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
This Thread
  • Everywhere
  • This Thread
  • This Forum
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Discussions
  3. Off-Topic

Steam Streaming

  • Sprony
  • May 22, 2014 at 8:11 PM
  • Sprony
    • May 22, 2014 at 8:11 PM
    • #1

    Couldn't find a Steam thread, seriously. If it does exist, please merge.


    Anyway, we can stream our games now. Who's doing it and how do you like it?

  • DrywallDreams
    • May 22, 2014 at 8:48 PM
    • #2

    I've done it for a bit. It's great, especially for having an under powered PC just lying around. Installed SteamOS on that motherfucker and it's surprisingly smooth over a crappy wireless card.

  • gotcha
    • May 26, 2014 at 3:23 PM
    • #3

    I tried it over ethernet and it looked good in menus and the loading screens, but in 3D scenes, it looked like bad video streams with artifacts and stuttering.

    I tried several games and I didn't get it to look "good".

    Maybe it's just the settings?

  • DrywallDreams
    • May 26, 2014 at 6:01 PM
    • #4
    Quote from gotcha

    I tried it over ethernet and it looked good in menus and the loading screens, but in 3D scenes, it looked like bad video streams with artifacts and stuttering.

    I tried several games and I didn't get it to look "good".

    Maybe it's just the settings?

    yeah, mess with your settings or check your cables.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

Register Yourself Login
Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Radu
    October 1, 2026 at 7:05 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™