1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
This Thread
  • Everywhere
  • This Thread
  • This Forum
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Discussions
  3. Level Design

[Video] Super (Pac) Man mini game in UE4

  • AlejoSi
  • May 19, 2014 at 9:10 AM
  • AlejoSi
    • May 19, 2014 at 9:10 AM
    • #1

    Hey guys!


    I´m an old Mapcore non-registered user, and for a while I´ve wanted to get something finished I could show arround here


    To learn a bit more about the new engine and to get my hads a bit dirty... I made a Pac-Man clone using unreal 4, and after a week of playing arround with it... this is what I came up with


    External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

    It took me about a week in my spare time after work to script, model, texture and animate everything. But to be honest, most of that time was inside 3D Max because of my limited modeling skills I used a couple of textures from the starter pack though (plus the sky)


    I´ve also sacrificed a bit some level guidance, and camera distance for asthetics, since I just wanted to do a video from the mini project.


    Here are a couple of screenshots from the WIP phase.


    [Blocked Image: https://i.imgur.com/oB4TKmc.gif]


    [Blocked Image: https://i.imgur.com/RHJcBHV.jpg]

    Any thoughts?

  • PogoP
    • May 19, 2014 at 9:51 AM
    • #2

    lmao thats a great trailer.


    Gameplay wise, it looks a little clunky. The camera is way too close, you can't see if you're about to run into a ghost or not! Also the movement mechanics look a little too floaty for my liking, you expect a Pacman game to have super tight movemen controls.

  • FrieChamp
    • May 19, 2014 at 9:57 AM
    • #3

    lol yeah love the video, too!


    Gotta agree with Liam on the camera. Judging by the video it looks like you need to back it up. I suppose you made the ghosts (or kryptonite rather ) stop in corners but then go really fast to change things up a little? They appear very fast and extremely hard to evade right now!

  • AlejoSi
    • May 19, 2014 at 6:14 PM
    • #4

    Thanks guys! I´m glad you liked it I appreciate your feedback as well!


    I totally agree with both of you too. I moved the camera a lot closer for the trailer since in the "real game" you can´t really see many details because it is too far away from the player to appreciate them. If I were to publish the game, I would defenetly work a lot harder on the controls, but I just wanted to get dirty with Unreal and Blueprint and do something small (from start to finish) and fun to watch so I could make a video out of it.


    I also made this to check how the pipeline and find the possible issues I would have in real production environment, and I´ve got to say, I´m really liking the new Unreal so far.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

Register Yourself Login
Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Radu
    October 1, 2026 at 7:05 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™