1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
This Thread
  • Everywhere
  • This Thread
  • This Forum
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Discussions
  3. Level Design

Fishy el Dewm

  • von*ferret
  • January 18, 2005 at 3:26 AM
  • von*ferret
    • January 18, 2005 at 3:26 AM
    • #1

    Ok I know it sucks but oh well. My first model ever. Skin will be on it by Wednesday.

    [Blocked Image: http://www.thevon.net/fishyeldewm.jpg]

  • OL
    • January 18, 2005 at 3:31 AM
    • #2

    hardcore

  • kleinluka
    • January 18, 2005 at 4:09 AM
    • #3

    Very nice. How many polys is that dude

  • ReNo
    • January 18, 2005 at 4:10 AM
    • #4

    Doesn't look half bad if you ask me mate, puts mine to shame I'll post my first model a little later, once I've finished skinning it.

    I really like the way you handled the fins - the tail in particular - though the front fins look a little awkward where they join the main body. Not sure if that lack of smoothness was intentional or not though, my knowledge of fish anatomy is sorely lacking

  • von*ferret
    • January 18, 2005 at 5:17 AM
    • #5

    400 polys

    [Blocked Image: http://www.thevon.net/wireframefish.jpg]

  • KidDynamite
    • January 18, 2005 at 5:23 AM
    • #6

    very cool fetter. nice work for first model

  • Kedhrin
    • January 18, 2005 at 6:59 AM
    • #7

    hope my advice was like...helfpul and stuffxzzzzzzzzzzzzz

  • MJ
    • January 18, 2005 at 7:42 AM
    • #8

    ooo fish

    lol

  • Splitta
    • January 18, 2005 at 8:03 AM
    • #9

    lol the mouth roxx

  • RD
    • January 18, 2005 at 2:13 PM
    • #10

    damn... i want to grab it from the sea and touch it<--:!O!"%L!%O

  • Mazy
    • January 18, 2005 at 3:28 PM
    • #11

    cool stuff fetter

  • ReNo
    • January 19, 2005 at 1:25 AM
    • #12

    Oi you cheat Ferret, you posted your first ever model as a head further down the page - they can't BOTH be your first

  • mike-0
    • January 19, 2005 at 2:01 AM
    • #13

    thats your first model? Mine was a box and i couldnt bevel it right. kick ass!

  • von*ferret
    • January 19, 2005 at 2:47 AM
    • #14

    please! The head was NURBS and it never was FINISHED cause it blew so much ass. SO this is my first completed model nub

  • mike-0
    • January 19, 2005 at 2:53 AM
    • #15

    hey pal

  • von*ferret
    • January 20, 2005 at 9:46 AM
    • #16

    Ok here we go. The model is finaly finished. First skin ever!!!! I rather like it. Took a couple of hours but I finaly got it to look decent in my eyes.

    [Blocked Image: http://www.thevon.net/fishy1.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://www.thevon.net/fishy2.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://www.thevon.net/fishy3.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://www.thevon.net/fishy4.jpg]

    The UVW Diffuse map:

    [Blocked Image: http://www.thevon.net/fishy-diffuse.jpg]

    The UVW Bump map:

    [Blocked Image: http://www.thevon.net/fishy-bump.jpg]

    What it First looked like as just my photo reference as the skin:

    [Blocked Image: http://www.thevon.net/fish.jpg]

    http://www.thevon.net/fishy.jpg -9.jpg are the steps I took as I showed some of my friends the process. Take a gander nothing great though.

    If I were to do it again I'd UVW map the mouth for shits and giggles and given him some narly teeth or something. Hope you enjoyed my presentation.

    ps. I'd appreciate it that if all you want to say is "photoskin" that you dont post. I spent hours painting over the reference picture to get a look I wanted. Not one pixel was not edited by me in some manner. The bump map was my first one and its not just a desaturated diffuse map. Rather I went in and picked out details I wanted to show. So again, refrain from calling it a photo skin beause a lot of effort went into this.

  • KidDynamite
    • January 20, 2005 at 9:48 AM
    • #17

    its come along quite well fetter, can you import it into a map once its done so i can see it rendered in game pls <3

  • wormie
    • January 20, 2005 at 1:18 PM
    • #18

    Smells like pussy.

  • JAL
    • January 20, 2005 at 1:18 PM
    • #19

    Looks nice and fishy, yet pretty thin. but what the hell do I know about fishes

  • Spellbinder
    • January 20, 2005 at 3:10 PM
    • #20

    Awsome!

    Looks like my friends fish in his aquarium.

    GJ.

    Spellbinder.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

Register Yourself Login
Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™