1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
This Thread
  • Everywhere
  • This Thread
  • This Forum
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Discussions
  3. Level Design

Normal map seam problem + artefacts in xnormal

  • marnamai
  • April 22, 2014 at 3:13 PM
  • paranoidMonkey
    • April 29, 2014 at 11:43 AM
    • #21

    Did you solved it already? If not I'm open to bake it and try to see what's wrong.

  • marnamai
    • April 30, 2014 at 6:42 PM
    • #22

    I didn't have the time to look further into it.


    I don't think it's a baking issue, i 've discovered that the resource compiler from version 3.5.8 is bugged and shows seams on the normal maps on the uv seams, there is a workaround by replacing the resource compiler with the working 3.5.7 version.

    If this doesn't fix it, I should try to get my hands on cryteks xnormal tangent basic calculator plugin together with the supported version of xnormal which isn't available on the website anymore.

  • SuperDuperYeah
    • April 30, 2014 at 6:51 PM
    • #23

    I know I'm probably not bringing interesting to the table but xNormal has its own special "file type"/exporter called an .SBM. You might want to check into that.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

Register Yourself Login
Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM

Users Viewing This Thread

  • 1 Guest
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™