1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
This Thread
  • Everywhere
  • This Thread
  • This Forum
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Vault
  3. Archived Forums
  4. Portfolios

Nick Nugent - Level Designer

  • sethen
  • March 27, 2014 at 4:49 PM
  • sethen
    • March 27, 2014 at 4:49 PM
    • #1

    http://www.nick-nugent.com/


    I generally design community levels for Hammer SDK and various RTS based games. Please stop by my portfolio and tell me what you think.

  • Warby
    • March 27, 2014 at 5:22 PM
    • #2

    i spend about 10 clicks on your website and still didn't see any levels (apart from those banners) this will not get you a job.

  • SuperDuperYeah
    • March 28, 2014 at 8:57 AM
    • #3

    Hey there Nick !


    Totally agree with what Warby said. Basically, with zero click I should be able to see concrete work (zero click = first page I see when the site loads). Also... just be sure to correct any easy spelling errors like "couter strike" (on the home page). In the mods section, I wanted to have a close look at your "contributions" but couldn't. The images are very small and there's no link to enlarge them. Usually you want to keep your audience (whoever that is... HR... other devs looking for possible employees) on your web page as much as possible. Couple of clicks in and I'm browsing through a lot of different websites... Game Banana... Moddb. The first thing I thought when clicking the banners was... "okay let's look at his explanations of his design decisions and map layout... oh what's this... a very colorful website... oh... not what I expected" and then I went back and didn't really looked at what was on that page. If you're looking for a job... just tell yourself people on the other end have very little time to look over stuff and get annoyed very quickly when they expect something and don't get it. The snappiest you are the better.


    Hope that helps (shish I wrote a freaking book o_o).

  • sethen
    • March 29, 2014 at 1:39 PM
    • #4
    Quote from SuperDuperYeah

    Hey there Nick !


    Totally agree with what Warby said. Basically, with zero click I should be able to see concrete work (zero click = first page I see when the site loads). Also... just be sure to correct any easy spelling errors like "couter strike" (on the home page). In the mods section, I wanted to have a close look at your "contributions" but couldn't. The images are very small and there's no link to enlarge them. Usually you want to keep your audience (whoever that is... HR... other devs looking for possible employees) on your web page as much as possible. Couple of clicks in and I'm browsing through a lot of different websites... Game Banana... Moddb. The first thing I thought when clicking the banners was... "okay let's look at his explanations of his design decisions and map layout... oh what's this... a very colorful website... oh... not what I expected" and then I went back and didn't really looked at what was on that page. If you're looking for a job... just tell yourself people on the other end have very little time to look over stuff and get annoyed very quickly when they expect something and don't get it. The snappiest you are the better.


    Hope that helps (shish I wrote a freaking book o_o).


    Thank you for the lengthy feedback. I've been looking around the portfolio section to get some ideas about free website design sites. Which I then found weebly, so this will hopefully allow me to expand me content to a much broader scale in terms of displaying.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

Register Yourself Login
Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™